The main goal in the treatment of orchitis is the elimination of the inflammatory process and restoration of the functional capabilities of the damaged organ. The methods of therapy depend on the stage of the disease and its nature. In most cases, patients are prescribed medication, which consists of several stages:
- Elimination of the cause of inflammation. Most often, orchitis develops due to the action of pathogens. For their destruction, antibacterial preparations of a wide spectrum of action are used. The choice of an effective antibiotic is carried out on the basis of microbiological studies. For treatment use drugs from the group of macrolides, penicillins, as well as cephalosporins, tetracyclines, fluoroquinolones and others.
- Influence on the mechanism of inflammation. To combat inflammatory processes that destroy the structure of the body used anti-inflammatory drugs and NSAIDs.
- Symptomatic therapy. The defeat of the testicles is accompanied by acute painful sensations. For their relief, analgesic agents are used, and in especially severe cases a novocaine blockade is performed.
- Auxiliary treatment methods. To reduce the inflammatory process, restrict the spread of infection and activate local immunity, physiotherapy procedures are used. Most often, patients are prescribed electrotherapy, reflexology, mineral and mud baths, therapeutic exercise.
In addition to the above treatment methods, special attention should be paid to creating favorable conditions for a speedy recovery. Patients are shown bed rest and minimum movements in the scrotum area. To do this, use a suspension, that is, a special supporting bandage, which improves blood circulation.
If there is a risk of developing stagnant processes in the pelvic or genital area, then angioprotectors are used. In especially severe cases, as well as with complication of the disease with an abscess, surgical treatment is performed.
With orchitis in the tissues of the testicle, inflammatory processes occur, which are growing more and more, damaging the structure of the organ. To stop this destructive mechanism, anti-inflammatory drugs are used.
NSAIDs from the group of phenylacetic acid derivatives. It has pronounced anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic properties. Reduces pain in rheumatic diseases, increases the amount of movement in the affected joints.
- Indications for use: inflammatory diseases of soft tissues and joints, neuralgia, lumbago, primary dysmenorrhea, postoperative pain syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, acute attack of gout.
- The method of administration and dosage depend on the form of the preparation. Tablets take 75 mg 1-2 times a day, the course of treatment 4-5 days.
- Side effects: dyspeptic disorders, erosive and ulcerative lesions and bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract, allergic reactions, irritability, drowsiness. Overdose has similar symptoms, treatment is symptomatic.
- Contraindications: peptic ulcer of stomach and duodenum, last trimester of pregnancy and lactation, intolerance of the components of the drug, patients younger than 6 years.
Diclofenac is available in such forms of release: tablets, gel, suppositories, solution for injections.
Anti-inflammatory and analgesic. It acts on the cyclooxygenase pathway of the metabolism of arachidonic acid, inhibiting the biosynthesis of prostaglandins. Does not have a depressant effect on the respiratory center, does not affect the state of the heart muscle and does not cause disturbances from the hemodynamics.
- Indications for use: inflammatory processes of various etiologies. Moderate and severe pain in gynecology, urology, in the postoperative period. Injuries of muscles, bones and soft tissues, pain syndrome after the abolition of narcotic drugs, oncological pain, osteoarthritis, osteochondrosis.
- Directions for use: Injections use 10 mg intramuscularly followed by a dosage of 10-30 mg every 6 hours. Tablets take 10 mg every 4-6 hours. The duration of treatment should not exceed 7 days.
- Side effects: headaches and dizziness, drowsiness, disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, myalgia, asthenia, excessive sweating, painful sensations at the injection site.
- Contraindications: a clotting disorder, renal failure, intolerance to drug components, patients younger than 16 years, bronchial asthma, stomach and duodenal ulcer, pregnancy and lactation.
- Overdose: diarrhea, pale skin, nausea and vomiting, shortness of breath. There is no specific antidote, treatment is symptomatic with gastric lavage.
Ketanov is available in the form of ampoules for intravenous administration and in the form of oral tablets.
Anti-inflammatory, antipyretic and analgesic. Oppresses the synthesis of prostaglandins, weakens the pain syndrome, reduces swelling of the tissues and stiffness of the joints.
- Indications for use: traumatic inflammation of soft tissues, pain in the spine, acute infectious diseases of the upper respiratory tract, primary dysmenorrhea, articular syndrome, neuralgia.
- The method of administration and dosage depends on the form of release of the drug. Tablets orally 10-30 mg per day. Rectal suppositories 10-40 mg 1-2 times a day. Intramuscular injections of 20-40 mg per day until the relief of acute conditions. Gel or cream is applied a thin layer on the affected tissue, occlusive dressings are not applied.
- Side effects: disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, stomatitis, sleep disturbances, allergic reactions, increased irritability, changes in peripheral blood.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract in the acute stage, impaired renal and hepatic function, pregnancy and lactation, aspirin blockade.
Piroxicam is available in the form of tablets and capsules for oral administration, as well as in solution in ampoules, rectal suppositories, in the form of a gel and cream for external application.
It has bacteriostatic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and diuretic properties. It facilitates loosening and removal of urinary calculi. It is used for inflammatory processes in the urinary tract, kidneys, renal pelvis and bladder.
The medicine has a paste-like form of release, a teaspoon of which is dissolved in ½ cup of warm water. The medicine is consumed 3-4 times a day after eating. Phytolysin is contraindicated in acute inflammatory kidney disease and phosphate lithiasis.
Orchitis is accompanied by a marked pain syndrome, for its relief various analgesics are used, and in especially severe cases, a new-kaic blockade is used.
NSAIDs with anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, analgesic and suppressing platelet aggregation properties. Contains the active substance - ketoprofen.
- Indications for use: chronic inflammatory arthritis and arthrosis, pain syndrome with injuries, fractures, sprains. Post-traumatic pain and swelling.
- The method of administration and dosage depend on the form of the preparation. If tablets are used, in the first days of therapy appoint higher doses of 300 mg 2-3 times a day. With maintenance treatment, the daily dosage is 150-200 mg.
- Side effects: attacks of nausea and vomiting, pain in the epigastric region, bleeding and perforation of the intestine. Headaches, dizziness, sleep disturbance, skin allergic reactions. There have been no cases of overdose.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum, severe impairment of kidney and liver function, patients younger than 14 years. The gel is not used for wet dermatoses and infected wounds.
The drug has several forms of release: oral capsules, rectal suppositories, injection, retard tablets, gel for topical application.
Medication with pronounced analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Indications for use: acute pain syndrome of any origin, postoperative pain.
- The way of application and dose depends on the severity of the pain. Single dose is 15-30 mg. The drug is administered / taken every 4-6 hours. The maximum duration of treatment is 5 days.
- Side effects: nausea, abdominal pain, stool, headaches. Increased sweating and swelling at the injection site, nervousness, insomnia, allergic reactions.
- Contraindications: erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract in the stage of exacerbation, aspirin asthma, pregnancy and lactation, hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, patients younger than 16 years.
Ketorolac is available in the form of tablets for oral administration and as a solution for injections in ampoules.
Combined drug, which includes two active substances: paracetamol and diclofenac. They provide a distinct analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect.
- Indications for use: pain syndrome of different origin. Inflammatory and rheumatic diseases, attacks of gout, post-traumatic and post-operative pain. Pain syndrome with urological and gynecological diseases, pathology of ENT organs. Toothache and discomfort after heavy physical exertion.
- Usage: 2-3 tablets per day, the duration of treatment is 5-7 days.
- Side effects: nausea, vomiting, intestinal disorders and stool disorders, increased drowsiness, irritability, insomnia, temporary sensitivity disorder, skin allergic reactions.
- Contraindications: intolerance of the drug components, bronchial asthma and urticaria, acute rhinitis, peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum, violations of blood formation, patients under 14 years of age, pregnancy and lactation.
- Overdose: a sharp decrease in blood pressure, respiratory failure, convulsions, disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, kidney failure. Treatment is symptomatic.
Form of issue Fanigan - tablets for oral administration of 4 capsules in a blister pack.
It relieves acute pain syndrome, inflammatory reactions and hyperthermia at the local level. Contains the active substance - ketorolac tromethamine.
- Indications for use: pain of varying intensity in injuries, oncological diseases, in the postoperative period, with joint diseases, neuralgia, dislocations and sprains.
- The way of application and dosage depends on the form of release of the medicament, therefore they are determined by the attending physician, individually for each patient.
- Side effects: nervousness, headaches, heart palpitations, stool disorders, nausea and vomiting, pallor of the skin, tremor of extremities, allergic reactions.
- Contraindications: intolerance of the drug components, simultaneous use with other NSAIDs, patients younger than 16 years. The medicine is not prescribed for exacerbation of peptic ulcer, perforation and bleeding of the digestive system, severe renal failure.
- Overdose: abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, erosive gastritis and ulcerative gastrointestinal disorders, impaired renal function, hyperventilation.
Dolak is available in tablets and in the form of an injection solution.
- Novocain blockade
This method of anesthesia and treatment is the sequential introduction of a solution of novocaine into tissues and nerve endings that take part in the innervation of the affected organ.
Novocain is a local anesthetic, which has such indications for use: infiltration, conductive and epidural analgesia, anesthesia of internal organs. Blockade can cause a feeling of weakness, dizziness, lower blood pressure and allergic reactions. The analgesic effect of novocain persists for 3-4 hours.
With stagnant phenomena in the pelvic area and genitals, as well as for their prevention, angioprotectors are used .
The drug with the active substance is pentoxifylline, a synthetic derivative of methylxanthine. It improves microcirculation, renders vasodilating and angioprotective action, reduces aggregation of platelets and erythrocytes, stimulates fibrinolysis.
- Indications for use: pathologies associated with microcirculation disorders. Violation of blood circulation in peripheral vessels, violation of cerebral circulation. Lesion of soft tissues with microcirculation disturbance. Complications after thrombophlebitis, circulatory disorders of the retina, deafness.
- Directions: Orally 200 mg three times a day. The maximum daily dose should not exceed 1.2 g of the drug. The solution for injections is administered intramuscularly in the form of infusions of 300 mg. The duration of treatment is individual for each patient.
- Side effects: nausea, dry mouth, stool, headaches and dizziness, disturbed sleep and wakefulness. Heart palpitations, leukopenia, various allergic reactions.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to the drug components, porphyria, tendency to bleeding, severe arrhythmia, patients under 18 years of age, severe atherosclerosis of the coronary / cerebral vessels.
- Overdose: tachycardia, impaired coordination of movements, headaches and dizziness, tremor of limbs, convulsions. There is no specific antidote. It shows gastric lavage, reception of enterosorbens and further symptomatic therapy.
Agapurin is available in the form of tablets with an enteric coating, in the form of a solution for injections in ampoules.
The drug is based on the fruits of horse chestnut and vitamin B1. Has anti-edematous, antioxidant, capillaroprotective, antiexudative and venotonic effect. It has a slight anti-inflammatory effect, reduces the permeability of the vascular walls, reducing the migration of leukocytes.
- Indications for use: chronic venous insufficiency, lower extremity edema, muscle cramps, dilated veins, hematomas, trophic tissue changes. Postoperative, post-traumatic swelling and inflammation of soft tissues, hemorrhoids. Preventive maintenance and complex treatment of an atherosclerosis, a stroke, improvement of a fabric metabolism.
- Method of use: the drug is taken orally 12-15 drops 3 times daily before meals. Tablets take 1 pc. 3 times a day. The duration of treatment is determined by the attending physician, but on average it is 3 months.
- Side effects: irritation of the mucous membrane of the digestive tract, dyspeptic disorders, nausea, allergic reactions. There have been no cases of overdose.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, kidney failure, patients younger than 12 years, early pregnancy and lactation.
Eskuzan is released in the form of tablets of 20 mg and in the form of a solution for oral administration of 20 ml in a vial-dropper.
Angioprotective and phlebotonics. Corrects disturbances of microcirculation, which are caused by changes in the vascular wall of the capillary. Has a tonic effect on the walls of blood vessels, reduces the fragility of the capillary. It restores the normal structure of the vascular endothelium, restores its functions.
Improves rheological properties of blood, preventing thrombosis and venous insufficiency. The drug has analgesic, anticonvulsant and decongestant properties. It improves the general condition with inflammatory lesions, it stops painful symptoms and itching.
- Indications for use: the gel is used for pain syndrome and swelling caused by trauma, sprains, as well as sclerosing processes, in the complex therapy of venous insufficiency. Tablets are prescribed for chronic venous insufficiency, conditions with violation of trophism and microcirculation. Postphlebitic syndrome, lymphostasis, hemorrhoids.
- The way of application and dosage depends on the form of release of the medication, therefore they are appointed by the attending physician, individually for each patient.
- Side effects: nausea, vomiting, stool disorders, epigastric pain, headache, hyperemia, allergic reactions.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, early pregnancy.
Form release of the drug: gel 2% for external application, capsules, pills forte and effervescent tablets for oral administration.
The preparation contains an active component - pentoxifylline (xanthine derivative). Improves microcirculation and rheological properties of blood, normalizes the elasticity of red blood cells, reduces platelet aggregation and reduces blood viscosity.
- Indications for use: violation of cerebral and peripheral blood circulation, paresthesia, Raynaud's disease, circulatory insufficiency in the retina and vessels of the eye. The defeat of tissues due to microcirculation disorders, trophic ulcers. Violation of sexual function due to circulatory failure, vascular impotence.
- How to use: tablets take 2-4 pcs. 2-3 times a day, the maximum daily dosage of 1200 mg. The solution for injections is injected intravenously or drip, the dosage is determined by the doctor.
- Side effects: nausea, vomiting, pain in the epigastric region, hyperemia of the face and upper body, violation of the heart rhythm, palpitations, allergic reactions. Overdose has a similar symptomatology. There is no specific antidote. It shows gastric lavage, enterosorbent intake and symptomatic therapy.
- Contraindications: intolerance of the components of the drug, a tendency to bleeding, hemorrhagic stroke, pregnancy and lactation. With special care the drug is prescribed for heart failure, with ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract.
Trental is available in the form of tablets with an enteric coating and in the form of a solution for injection.
Treatment of orchitis with antibiotics
Very often the inflammation of the testicle develops because of the action of pathogens (staphylococcus, E.coli, etc.). In this case antibacterial preparations of a wide spectrum of action are used for treatment. To select an effective medicine, a number of microbiological studies are conducted, which determine the pathogen, allowing you to select a drug that actively influences it.
Antibiotics for treatment of orchitis:
Semisynthetic antibiotic from pharmacological group of tetracyclines of wide spectrum of action. It has bacteriostatic properties, is active against gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms.
- Indications for use: infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by microorganisms sensitive to the preparation. Urological and gynecological infections. Infectious lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, ENT organs, lower respiratory tract, urinary tract. Inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs, purulent infections of soft tissues. Prevention of surgical infections.
- Usage: Orally 200 mg on the first day and 100-200 mg per day in the following days of treatment. The daily dosage should be divided into 2 divided doses. The duration of treatment depends on the causative agent and symptoms.
- Side effects: nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, allergic reactions, excessive sweating, headaches and dizziness.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, patients younger than 9 years, severe hepatic impairment, leukopenia, porphyria, pregnancy and lactation.
The drug has a tablet form of release, 10 capsules in a blister.
Antibiotic from the group of macrolides with the active component - midekamycin. It is active against gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms, intracellular pathogens.
- Indications for use: infections of the genitourinary system and respiratory tract, infection of the skin, mucous membranes. Enteritis, diphtheria, whooping cough. Also, the drug is used for allergic reactions to drugs from the penicillin group.
- The method of administration and dosage are selected by the attending physician, individually for each patient.
- Side effects: a violation of appetite, nausea and vomiting, skin allergic reactions, increased levels of liver enzymes.
- Contraindications: individual intolerance to the components of the drug, severe renal failure.
- Overdose: nausea and vomiting, allergic reactions. Symptomatic therapy is indicated for treatment. There is no specific antidote.
Form release: tablets with enteric coating, granules for the preparation of suspension.
Antibiotic from the group of fluoroquinolones, has a broad antibacterial effect. Particular activity is manifested in relation to gram-negative bacteria.
- Indications for use: infectious urological and gynecological diseases. Infections of the urinary tract, respiratory tract, soft tissues, ENT organs. Gonorrhea, tuberculosis.
- Method of application: 200 mg twice a day, treatment course 7-10 days.
- Side effects: allergic reactions, anorexia, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, stool disorder, sleep disorders. Headaches, thrombocytopenia.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to quinolones, epilepsy, patients younger than 15 years, pregnancy and lactation.
Form release: tablets of 200 mg in a package of 10 pieces.
Antimicrobial drug from the group of nitrofuran. Affects the enzymes of microbial cells, provides a bacteriostatic effect. It is active against most gram-negative and gram-positive microorganisms.
- Indications for use: infectious and inflammatory diseases of the urinary and urogenital system, prostate. Prevention of infectious complications during catheterization of the bladder and in the postoperative period.
- Usage: inside during meal 2 tablets, 3-4 times a day. Duration of treatment is 7-8 days.
- Side effects: dyspeptic disorders, headaches and dizziness, increased drowsiness, allergic reactions, chills.
- Contraindications: polyneuropathy, hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, kidney failure, congenital insufficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase enzyme, patients younger than 7 days of life, pregnancy and lactation.
- Overdose: headaches, dizziness, peripheral polyneuritis, impaired hepatic function, anemia, allergic reactions. For treatment, gastric lavage and infusion therapy are indicated. Severe cases require hemodialysis.
Form release: 50 mg tablets. There are 30 tablets in the box.
Semisynthetic antibacterial agent from the group of second generation cephalosporins. Has a bactericidal effect against a wide range of gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms.
- Indications for use: infectious diseases of the genitourinary system, skin and soft tissues, upper respiratory tract, GIT organs, ENT organs. Preventive maintenance of infectious complications at surgical interventions.
- Directions: Parenterally 750 mg every 8 hours for adults and 30-100 mg / kg for children. For solution for intramuscular / intravenous administration, isotonic sodium chloride solution or water for injection is used.
- Side effects: decreased hemoglobin, neutropenia, nausea, diarrhea and vomiting. Increase the level of creatine, nitrogen and urea in the blood serum. Headaches and dizziness, increased excitability. Local reactions and soreness at the injection site.
- Contraindications: individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
- Overdose: convulsions, increased excitation of the central nervous system. For treatment, hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis is necessary.
The antibiotic is available in the form of a powder for the preparation of a solution for injections in vials of 250, 750, 1500 mg.
Ointments for orchitis
Complex treatment of orchitis means the use not only of tablets and injections to combat inflammation and infection, but also local treatment of scrotum tissues. Consider the most effective ointments that can be used for inflammation of the testicle:
Combined drug. Contains two active components: chloramphenicol antibiotic and methyluracil immunostimulant. It is active against most bacteria, Gram-positive and Gram-negative microorganisms. Accelerates the process of regeneration of damaged tissues, has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Indications for use: abscesses, furuncles, purulent wounds, trophic ulcers, purulent-inflammatory skin lesions, burns of 2-3 degrees.
- Method of application: ointment is applied to sterile wipes or gauze, which loosely fill the wound or impose as a compress. The agent can be injected with a syringe into the purulent cavities.
- Side effects are manifested by local allergic reactions. Ointment is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to its components.
Form release: tubes of 250, 300 and 400 mg of ointment.
A topical drug from the group of antiseptics. Has a pronounced analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effect. With external application, the active ingredient does not enter the systemic circulation.
- Indications for use: joint pain, soft tissue hematoma, eczema, neuralgia, burns.
- Method of application: ointment is applied a thin layer on the affected tissues, but do not rub, but cover with a gauze compress. The duration of treatment depends on the severity of the disease state. Ointment is recommended to use 2-3 times a day.
- Side effects: skin allergic reactions, rashes, itching, hives. There have been no cases of overdose. In case of accidental ingestion, gastric lavage and enterosorbents are recommended.
Ichthyol ointment is available in cans of 25 g each and in tubes of 30 g.
Angioprotective agent for topical use. Has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, venotonic, capillaroprotective and membrane-stabilizing activity. Increases the elasticity of blood vessels, improves trophism of tissues. It penetrates well through the skin into the tissues, but is not absorbed into the systemic bloodstream.
- Indications for use: pain of traumatic origin, phlebitis and thrombophlebitis, venous insufficiency, varicose syndrome. Complex therapy of hemorrhoids.
- Method of application: externally, a thin layer on diseased areas. The product should be gently rubbed into the tissue for several minutes. The gel is used 2-3 times a day.
- Side effects: local allergic reactions, itching, urticaria, hyperemia, dermatitis.
- Contraindications: intolerance to the components of the drug, application to damaged areas of the skin and mucous membranes.
Form release: gel for external use of 35 grams in an aluminum tube.
Medicinal product with anticoagulant action. It is used for hematomas, superficial thrombophlebitis, ulcerative lesions of the extremities. Ointment is applied to the lesion, slightly capturing healthy tissues. On top of the product, a gauze dressing or a compress paper is applied, which is changed 1-2 times a day or a day.
Heparoid is not used for increased bleeding, hemophilia, thrombocytopenia. The drug is available in the form of an ointment in tubes of 30 g.
- Ointment of Vishnevsky in orchitis
Balsamic liniment according to AV Vishnevsky is an ointment that includes such components as tar, xerobine and castor oil. All active ingredients are contained in a proportion of 3: 3: 94. The drug has a wide spectrum of action, it is used for dermatological, urological and gynecological diseases.
The use of Vishnevsky's ointment for orchitis is explained by its antiseptic properties. It has a weak irritant effect on tissue receptors, accelerating regeneration processes. Effective with abscesses and abscesses of any localization, as well as with ulcers, wounds and bedsores.
Ointment is used externally, it is impregnated with gauze and applied as a compress on the affected tissues of the scrotum. With prolonged use, skin irritation is possible. The drug is contraindicated for patients with kidney disorders. Ointment Vishnevsky is available in vials of 100 g.
- Heparin ointment with orchitis
An effective drug that affects the processes of tissue metabolism from the pharmacological group of anticoagulants of direct action, used for inflammation of the testicle is a heparin ointment. With orchitis it is used to reduce the inflammatory process.
The composition of the ointment includes such components: heparin - 2500 ED, anestezin - 1 g, benzyl nicotinic acid - 0.02 g and ointment base. The drug has antithrombotic and anti-inflammatory effect, dilates the surface vessels, anesthetizes.
- Indications for use: inflammation of the wall of the superficial veins of the lower limbs with their blockage (thrombophlebitis), phlebitis after repeated intravenous injections, occlusion and inflammation of the hemorrhoidal veins, ulcerative lesions of the skin of the extremities.
- Method of application: ointment applied to the skin in a thin layer, gently rubbing 2-3 times a day. The agent can be used for compresses and bandages.
- Contraindications: reduced coagulability of blood, a lowered level of platelets in the blood, ulcerative necrotic processes.
Heparin ointment is available in tubes of 10 and 25 g.
Compresses for orchitis
To eliminate swelling, inflammation and pain in orchitis, patients are advised to make compresses. This treatment procedure is the imposition of a dressing impregnated with a medicinal substance on the scrotum. Compresses can be dry, wet, cold and warm.
With inflammation of the testicles, compresses with various ointments, decoctions and infusions based on medicinal herbs are used. Consider the popular medicinal recipes:
- Take a bean flour or flour from flax seeds 1-2 tablespoons. Mix it with vinegar until a thick paste is formed. Spread evenly the gruel onto a gauze and attach it to the area of the scrotum.
- Seeds of flax fold in gauze, tie well and dip into boiling water for 10-20 minutes. Slightly cool and apply a compress to the affected organ.
- Take in equal proportions fresh grass Rutas and dry laurel leaves. Grind the two components separately and mix. Plant the mixture on a linen cloth and attach to the scrotum 2-3 times a day.
- Grind the fresh grass of the field horsetail and lay it on a cotton cloth. Apply as a compress to the scrotum.
- Mix in equal proportions crushed aloe, honey and red wine. Should be a mixture of consistency of sour cream. Spread the product on gauze and apply to the inflamed organ.
- Fresh Veki grass grind to a mushy state and evenly distribute the linen fabric. It is recommended to use the compress 2-3 times a day.
- A couple of fresh cabbage leaves thoroughly chop and combine with a small amount of vinegar. Ready gruel spread on gauze and attach to the scrotum. For the compress you can use a whole cabbage leaf, soaked in vinegar. Cabbage reduces pain, relieves swelling and fever.
In addition to the above recipes, for compresses, you can use infusions of herbs. Anti-inflammatory properties have lotions from the decoction of chamomile, St. John's wort, sage, calendula, echinacea, millennia. Compresses based on mint tea and eucalyptus are no less effective. Also, you can apply a dry cold towel to the scrotum, to relieve itching and painful symptoms.
Compresses for orchitis are an auxiliary treatment method, since the main emphasis is on drug therapy. Use lotions and compresses can be from the first days of the disease and until complete recovery.
Anti-inflammatory drugs for orchitis
Basic therapy for orchitis includes the use of anti-inflammatory drugs, since the disease occurs with severe inflammation. Consider effective medications that are used in the defeat of male genitourinary organs:
It relieves inflammatory and painful processes in the body, reduces swelling of tissues. The mechanism of action of the drug is based on the inhibition of the activity of enzymes of inflammation and oppression of COX-1, COX-2.
- Indications for use: inflammatory and degenerative diseases of the joint apparatus, rheumatic lesions, pain syndrome in the post-traumatic period. Neuralgia, lumbago, sciatica, diseases of the spine. Postoperative pain, ENT diseases, neuritis of unknown origin, renal colic, febrile state.
- The way of application and dosage depends on the form of release of the medication, therefore they are determined by the attending physician. For orchitis, both oral tablets and rectal suppositories or gel may be administered.
- Side effects: allergic reactions, nausea, vomiting, tremor of the extremities, diarrhea, temporary reduction in visual acuity, headaches and dizziness, asthenic conditions and others.
- Contraindications: Gastrointestinal diseases in the acute stage, proctitis, hemorrhoids, hemopoiesis disorders, hypersensitivity to the drug components, patients of childhood. With special caution is prescribed for violations of kidney function, liver pathology, during pregnancy and lactation, as well as heart failure.
- Overdose: headaches and dizziness, nausea, pain in the epigastric region, disruption of the liver and kidneys, bleeding. There is no specific antidote, treatment is symptomatic.
Form release: rectal suppositories, gel for external application, capsules for oral administration.
Anti-inflammatory drug with an active component - paracetamol. Has analgesic and antipyretic properties. Oppresses the synthesis of prostaglandins, reduces the excitability of the center of thermoregulation in the hypothalamus.
- Indications for use: febrile conditions for infectious and inflammatory diseases, pain syndrome of mild and moderate intensity of various origin. Fever after vaccination.
- The way of application and dosage is determined by the doctor, individually for each patient.
- Side effects: nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, stool, skin allergic reactions, anemia, impaired renal function.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to the drug components, impaired renal and hepatic function, congenital deficiency of the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase, patients younger than 1 month, inflammation and bleeding in the rectum.
Cefepecon is available in the form of rectal suppositories of 10 pcs. Packaged.
Active NSAIDs inhibiting biosynthesis of prostaglandins. Has analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect.
- Indications for use: infectious and allergic diseases from the group of collagenoses, periarthritis, diseases of the spine and joints, gout. Inflammation of connective tissue, musculoskeletal system. Thrombophlebitis, nephrotic syndrome, pain in the spine, neuralgia, myalgia. Traumatic inflammation of soft tissues and the musculoskeletal system, diffuse connective tissue diseases. Complex treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases of ENT organs, adnexitis, prostatitis, cystitis.
- Directions for use: by mouth, after eating. The initial dosage is 25 mg 2-3 times a day with a gradual increase to 100-150 mg per day divided into 3-4 doses. The duration of treatment is determined by the severity of the disease, therefore it is individual for each patient.
- Side effects: headaches, dizziness, drowsiness, gastrointestinal disorders, anorexia, dyspeptic phenomena, allergic reactions. Treatment is symptomatic.
- Contraindications: peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum, bronchial asthma, pregnancy and lactation.
Form release: tablets and capsules of 25 mg for oral administration, rectal suppositories of 50 and 100 mg, solution for injection in ampoules of 1 ml.
Anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic. The preparation contains an active ingredient - ibuprofen. 1 tablet contains 200 mg of active ingredient.
- Indications for use: traumatic inflammation of soft tissues and musculoskeletal system, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, neuralgia, myalgia, gout, sciatica. Complex therapy of ENT diseases, headache and toothache.
- Directions for use: by mouth. Dosage and duration of treatment are determined by the attending physician. The maximum daily dose is 2.4 g.
- Side effects: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, flatulence, headaches and dizziness, increased irritability. Sleep disturbances and temporary decrease in visual acuity, skin allergic reactions.
- Contraindications: intolerance of the drug components, aspirin triad, hematopoietic disorders, erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract in the acute stage. Age of patients under 6 years, expressed violations of the liver, kidneys.
- Overdose: pain in the epigastric region, nausea, vomiting, retardation, depressive state, headaches, tinnitus, drowsiness. Heart palpitations, hypotension, respiratory arrest. Treatment: gastric lavage, reception of enterosorbents, alkaline drink and further symptomatic therapy.
Form release: tablets with enteric coating of 200 mg of 100 tablets per package.
NSAIDs, a derivative of pyrazolone. Has anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic properties. Reduces the level of uric acid in the blood.
- Indications for use: inflammatory and degenerative diseases of the musculoskeletal system, pain syndrome of various etiologies, febrile syndrome.
- With topical application: ointment is used to treat joint and pain syndrome, with phantom pains, dermatitis, skin inflammation, 2-3 degree burns, superficial thrombophlebitis, inflammatory infiltrates, hematomas, inflammation of hemorrhoids.
- The method of administration and dosage depend on the form of release of the drug and are selected separately for each patient.
- Contraindications: individual intolerance of the drug components, aspirin triad, erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract in the acute stage, severe renal / hepatic insufficiency. With topical application: trophic ulcers, eczema, violation of the integrity of the skin.
- Side effects: disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, increased blood pressure, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, headaches and dizziness, drowsiness, skin allergic reactions, increased sweating.
- Overdose: cyanosis of the extremities, lips and skin, headaches and dizziness, blood pressure jumps, blurred consciousness, impaired renal and hepatic function, abdominal pain, hyperventilation of the lungs. Treatment is symptomatic: gastric lavage. Hemodialysis and forced diuresis are ineffective.
Form release: tablets for oral administration and ointment for external application.
Tablets from orchitis
Treatment of inflammation of the testicle consists of a complex of various medicinal preparations aimed at stopping the inflammatory process, destroying pathogens and eliminating puffiness. Consider what tablets can be used from orchitis and its complications:
A drug with anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. Contains active substances of vegetable origin, which complex effect on the body, reduce the severity of inflammation, relieve spasms of the urinary tract and have a diuretic effect. Each tablet contains: 18mg acres, 18mg love roots, 18mg rosemary leaves and a number of auxiliary components.
- Indications for use: acute and chronic infectious diseases of the bladder and kidneys. Preventing the formation of concrements.
- How to use: pills take 1-2 pcs. 2-3 times a day. The duration of treatment is determined by the attending physician, individually for each patient.
- Side effects: allergic reactions, skin rashes, itching, flushing of the skin. Attacks of nausea and vomiting, disorders of stool. Treatment is symptomatic. There have been no cases of overdose.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity, relapses of the peptic ulcer GIT, renal and cardiac failure, monotherapy for impaired renal function. Pregnancy and lactation.
Kanefron has a tabletted form of 20 capsules in a blister pack of 3 blisters.
The drug contains the active substance - tamsulosin hydrochloride. The therapeutic effect is due to selective blockade of the active component of adrenoreceptors of the muscles of the prostate, bladder and urethra. Relieves spasms of the urinary tract, eliminates obstruction, inflammation and irritation.
- Indications for use: disorders of urination, inflammatory processes in the organs of the genitourinary system, prostatic hyperplasia.
- Usage: 1 capsule once a day after meals. The duration of treatment is determined by the attending physician.
- Side effects: headaches and dizziness, nausea, digestive system disorders, decreased libido, sleep disorders, back and chest pain. In rare cases, skin allergic reactions develop.
- Contraindications: intolerance to the components of the drug, orthostatic hypotension, impaired renal and hepatic function.
- Overdose: heart palpitations, acute arterial hypotension. Treatment is symptomatic with mandatory cancellation of the drug.
Sonizin is available in the form of capsules for oral administration of 400 mg each, 10 pieces per blister, 1-3 blisters per package.
This drug is prescribed to treat one of the complications of orchitis - erectile dysfunction. The medication contains an active ingredient - tadalafil 20 mg, which selectively inhibits cyclic guanosine monophosphate.
Reduces the tone of smooth muscles and increases the flow of blood to the tissues of the penis. Does not change the qualitative characteristics of sperm, does not affect the cardiovascular system, liver, skeletal muscles and other organs.
Dosage is selected individually for each patient. Side effects are most often manifested dyspeptic disorders and headaches. The drug is contraindicated for intolerance of its components and for patients under 18 years of age.
Antimicrobial and antiparasitic with the active component - levofloxacin. The active substance belongs to the group of fluoroquinolones and has an ultra-wide antibacterial spectrum of action.
The mechanism of action of the drug is to block the enzyme of bacteria, which is responsible for the replication of pathogenic DNA. This reduces the aggression of pathogenic microorganisms and increases the sensitivity to the bactericidal action of the drug. The medicine is active against anaerobes. A specific mechanism of action reduces the risk of developing cross-resistance when using other antibiotics.
- Indications for use: urinary tract infections, septicemia, intra-abdominal infections, tuberculosis, bacterial prostatitis, skin infections and lesions of ENT organs, chlamydia, mycoplasmosis, community-acquired pneumonia, bronchopulmonary system infections.
- Method of administration: 1-2 tablets per day. Duration of treatment is 3-5 days. When using a solution for infusion, therapy can last about 14 days.
- Side effects: tachycardia, attacks of nausea and vomiting, hepatitis, dysbiosis, dizziness and headaches, insomnia, increased anxiety, allergic reactions.
- Contraindications: intolerance of drug components, patients under 18 years of age, pregnancy and lactation, glucocorticosteroid therapy, epilepsy and a tendency to epileptic seizures. With special care is prescribed for patients of advanced age.
- Overdose: convulsions, loss of consciousness, nausea and vomiting, erosive lesions of mucous membranes. Treatment is symptomatic, hemodialysis is ineffective. There is no specific antidote.
Tavanik has several forms of release: tablets of 250 and 500 mg, infusion solution in bottles of 100 ml.
NSAIDs from the group of selective blockers of COX-2 from the pharmacological group of oxicams. Has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect. The composition of 1 tablet includes 7.5 or 15 mg of the active substance melokiskam and a set of auxiliary components.
- Indications for use: pain syndromes of different etiology. Particular application of the drug found with symptomatic therapy of rheumatic diseases, osteoarthritis and Bekhterev's disease.
- Method of administration: Orally, 7.5 mg per day. For severe pain, the dosage can be increased to 15 mg divided into two doses.
- Side effects: nausea and vomiting, erosive-mucous lesions of the intestinal and stomach shell, dry mouth, allergic reactions, heart palpitations, dysuric disorders.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, exacerbation of peptic ulcer diseases, severe renal-liver failure, patients younger than 15 years. It is not used during pregnancy and lactation.
- Overdose: nausea, vomiting, renal-hepatic insufficiency, epigastric pain. Treatment is symptomatic - a complex of detoxification activities.
MIRLOX is available in the form of oral round tablets with an enteric coating.
Anti-inflammatory and analgesic with antimicrobial action. Changes the sensitivity of microflora, resistant to antibacterial drugs. Contains the active substance - dimethylsulfoxide.
- Indications for use: traumatic infiltrates, inflammatory swelling, purulent wounds and abscesses. Inflammatory lesions of the musculoskeletal system, chronic osteomyelitis, nodal erythema, streptoderma.
- Method of application: the drug is used in the form of aqueous solutions for the impregnation of tampons and compresses. Bandages are applied to the affected tissue, capturing healthy areas of the skin. When orchitis and its complications use a 30-50% aqueous solution of 50-100 ml 2-3 times a day.
- Side effects: erythema, pruritus, dermatitis, upset of the chair, dizziness, insomnia, adynamia. In especially severe cases, there are bouts of nausea, vomiting and bronchospasm. Overdose has a similar symptomatology. To treat the drug should be discarded, wash skin with clean water.
- Contraindications: cardiovascular insufficiency, atherosclerosis, stenocardia, violations of kidney and liver function, coma, stroke. It is not prescribed during pregnancy and lactation, for patients younger than 12 years.
Dimexide is available in the form of a solution in 50 and 100 ml vials.
Effective angioprotective agent, normalizing the blood flow in the blood vessels, restoring their tone, eliminating edema and normalizing metabolic processes is Fleobodia. With orchitis, this medication is prescribed after relief of an acute inflammatory process. The drug contributes to the restoration of the affected organ.
Flebodia contains an active component - diosmin, which has a venotonic effect, reduces stagnant processes in the veins and increases their tone. It affects microcirculation, improves lymphatic drainage and increases the resistance of capillaries.
- Indications for use: lymphovenous insufficiency, microcirculation disorder, uncomplicated hemorrhoids, CVI of lower extremities.
- Usage: Orally 1-2 tablets per day for 1-3 months. The course of treatment and dosage are determined by the attending physician, individually for each patient.
- Side effects: dyspepsia, headaches, allergic reactions. No cases of overdose have been reported.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, patients under 18 years of age, pregnancy and lactation.
The preparation has a tabletted form of release for 15, 30 capsules in a package of 600 mg of the active ingredient each.
Biseptol is a combined antibacterial agent. It consists of two active components - sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim. Their interaction provides bactericidal activity against a wide range of pathogenic microorganisms, including bacteria resistant to sulfonamide preparations.
- Indications for use: acute and chronic infectious processes in the body. Inflammation of the bladder and urinary tract, inflammation of the kidney and renal pelvis, prostatitis, gonococcal urethritis. Infections of ENT organs: tonsillitis, otitis media, pleural empyema, pneumonia. GI infections and surgical infections, septicemia, uncomplicated gonorrhea.
- Method of administration: adults and children over 12 years of age are prescribed 480 mg 4 times a day (4 tablets) or 8 measuring spoons of syrup. The maximum daily dose is 6 tablets / 12 spoons of syrup. The daily dosage is divided into two doses. In acute infections, the medication is taken within 5 days until the pain symptomatology disappears completely.
- Side effects: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, nephropathy, allergic reactions of varying severity, a decrease in the level of leukocytes in the blood, agranulocytosis.
- Contraindications: individual intolerance to the components of the drug, diseases of the hematopoietic system, pregnancy and lactation, impaired renal and hepatic function. With special care, the drug is prescribed to children of childhood. During therapy, you should monitor the blood picture.
Treatment with biseptolom inflammation of the testicles lasts for 3-5 days until relief of painful symptoms. The drug is produced in tablets in a dosage of 80, 100 and 400 mg, and also in the form of a syrup in 80 ml bottles (1 ml - 40 mg sulfamethoxazole and 8 mg trimethoprim).
The organic components necessary for the normal functioning and development of any living organism are vitamins. With orchitis, a man is prescribed drugs that help strengthen the immune system for a speedy recovery.
The main vitamins for men:
- A - retinol is a vitamin of growth, it synthesizes proteins and fats. Promotes the development of sex hormones and maintains immunity. Increases potency, improves the production of testosterone, reduces the risk of developing malignant neoplasms. Contained in chicken and beef liver, red fruits, fish oil, olive oil, chicken and quail eggs, pumpkin, carrots.
- B - vitamins of this group do not directly affect the organs of the genitourinary system, but improve the general condition of the body, which speeds up the recovery process. Restore the energy balance and stimulate the central nervous system. Promote better absorption of proteins and amino acids. With a deficiency of group B, there is increased irritability, sleep disorders, depressive conditions. There are vitamins in cheese, peanuts, tuna, salmon, oysters, beans and potatoes.
- C - supports the immune system, normalizes blood pressure and lowers cholesterol. Ascorbic acid is responsible for the viability of spermatozoa, increasing the chances of conception. Contained in citrus, dog rose, sweet pepper, black currant.
- D - eliminates erectile dysfunction, takes part in the functioning of the urogenital system. Contained in sea and river fish, eggs, dairy products, and also produced by the body when exposed to ultraviolet radiation.
- E - improves the condition of blood vessels, reduces the risk of weakening potency and prevents infertility. The deficiency of tocopherol negatively affects the sperm state. Contained in vegetable oil, dairy products, sprouted grains, asparagus, chicken and quail eggs.
- Folic acid (B9) - promotes the recovery of cells and strengthens the walls of blood vessels. Deficiency of the substance adversely affects the condition of the central nervous system and potency. It is found in beef and fresh herbs.
- L-carnitine - takes part in the formation of male potency. With its lack, the quality of the ejaculate worsens and the risk of erectile dysfunction increases. L-carnitine is found in red meat and dairy products, liver.
- Zinc - improves the production of the main male hormone - testosterone. With a deficiency of zinc, a poor production of sperth occurs and the level of libido decreases. The substance is in buckwheat, red meat, carrots, seeds and nuts, black bread.
To supply the body with the above components, you should balance the diet. You can also buy in the pharmacy already ready multivitamin complexes: Duovit, Velmen, Alphabet, Farmamed and others.
After acute inflammatory processes in the scrotum subsided, patients are prescribed physiotherapeutic treatment. Physioprocedures are especially effective in chronic forms of orchitis, as they possess the following properties:
- Eliminate stagnant processes.
- Improve blood flow in the testicles and pelvic organs.
- Stop the spread of infection.
- Increase local immunity.
- Reduce pain.
- Accelerate the recovery process.
Let's consider the basic medical methods used for orchitis:
- Magnetotherapy - on affected tissues are affected by an alternating magnetic field. Due to this, the vascular tone is normalized, tissue resistance is increased and microcirculation of blood is improved. This method has a pronounced analgesic effect and creates all the conditions for activating local immune defense.
- Ultrasound - increases local tissue permeability, improving the penetration of tissue medications with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Laser therapy - has analgesic and stimulating effect. Activates chemical reactions that increase the level of tissue metabolism.
- Endouretral laser therapy with helium-neon laser - reduces pain in the groin and scrotum, improves blood flow.
- Infrared radiation - promotes the expansion of the vessels of irradiated organs and tissues. It improves metabolic processes, reduces discomfort, reduces muscle spasms.
- Ultraviolet irradiation - increases the defenses of the body, accelerates the healing process. Normalizes blood circulation in the organs of the small pelvis, resolves the foci of inflammation.
In addition to the above physiotherapy methods, reflexotherapy (impact on biological points), electrotherapy (accelerates regenerative processes), as well as mud and mineral baths can be prescribed for treatment. In addition to physiotherapy, the patient is prescribed a diet rich in vitamins and minerals that enhance the protective properties of the immune system.
In the absence of the effect of conservative therapy, as well as in severe orchitis, patients are prescribed surgical treatment.
The main indications for the operation:
- Lesion of the testicle as a result of trauma.
- Suppuration of the body: abscess, microabscesses.
- Severe course of the disease with acute painful symptoms.
- Seals in the scrotum that do not dissolve on their own.
- Orchitis of tuberculous origin.
- Chronic inflammation with frequent exacerbations.
- Ineffective treatment of acute illness after 36 hours from admission to hospital.
Surgical techniques used in orchitis:
- Puncture of the scrotum - is carried out with both therapeutic and diagnostic purposes. The operation is performed under local anesthesia with a special puncture needle. It avoids unjustified resection or orchiectomy, reduces the intensity of the pain syndrome, reduces pressure in the scrotum. Puncture is not performed with a large infectious process.
- Resection is a minor trauma surgery with the removal of a part of the organ. Produced under local anesthesia and involves wedge-shaped removal of the affected tissue. It allows to preserve the functional abilities of the testicle, but there is a risk of complications of the operated organ.
- Orchiectomy - an operation to remove the testicle along with its appendage. It is carried out with purulent processes, abscess, spread of infection to other organs and tissues. Passes under local anesthesia - infiltrative and conductive anesthesia. The surgeon cuts the front surface of the scrotum and removes the organ. If bilateral removal is performed, it leads to irreversible male infertility and decreased production of sex hormones.
- The method of notching - allows timely detection of purulent foci and performing decompression of the organ. On the surface of the testicle, small incisions of not more than 5 mm deep are applied. It is often used in diagnostic, not therapeutic purposes.
The method of surgical treatment depends on the severity of the pathological process, the presence of complications and the age of the patient.