If a leech cures, what does the hirudotherapist do?
What a hirudotherapist does, it's not hard to guess: he uses the appetite of a hungry giruda medical to rid patients of illnesses. After all, about a hundred enzymes secreted by the salivary glands of leeches have truly unique properties: they increase the rate of blood flow through the blood vessels, activate metabolic processes, disperse all kinds of stagnation in the tissues of the body, and remove inflammation.
What diagnostic methods does the hirudotherapist use? Before assigning a course of treatment and its duration, the doctor determines the condition of the patient's body - based on anamnesis and the results of laboratory tests.
What tests do you need to pass to a girudotherapist? First of all, this is a general blood test. Also, an analysis of venous blood for fibrinogen (a protein that is the basis of the clot and characterizes the ability of the blood to clot) is needed. It will be necessary to pass an analysis for the hematocrit (hematocrit), which will give an idea of the lack or excess of red blood cells in the blood. With low hematocrit, hirudotherapy is contraindicated.
Finally, an analysis is needed on the prothrombin index, according to which the hirudotherapist will know whether the patient has any bleeding disorders. Agree that when dealing with a blood-sucking living being, accurate information on all these parameters is very important.
Moreover, the hirudotherapist will certainly inquire about all your diseases, since they can be incompatible with hirudotherapy. So, with cancer, as well as with diseases such as hemophilia (violation of the process of blood coagulation), severe anemia, hemorrhagic diathesis and persistent hypotension, leech therapy is contraindicated. Do not resort to services girudoterapevta women during pregnancy or during critical days.
The place where the doctor places leeches depends on the disease and its stage and is selected in accordance with the scheme of reflex points (acupuncture points) on the human body. For one procedure hirudotherapy takes five to seven leeches. Intensity of the treatment course and its duration hirudotherapist sets to each patient individually, evaluating all the data. As experts note, the average number of sessions is from seven to ten, and their frequency is from one to three times during the week.
By the way, leeches are used only once: each procedure is carried out with new "living tools", and used leeches are destroyed (as disposable syringes). Therefore, there can be no question of any risk of transmission of infection from one patient to another.
What diseases are treated by a therapist?
In the process of "working" leech in the right place through the skin blood vessels biologically active substances (enzymes) get to the body that requires treatment. These enzymes (destabilase, hyaluronidase, collagenase, kininase, cholesterol esterase, etc.) contribute to a significant improvement in blood circulation in the area of the diseased organ. In parallel, these substances dissolve thrombi (thrombolytic effect), relieve inflammation, stimulate immunity, and also enhance cellular nutrition (trophic) of tissues and activate their protective functions (phagocytosis).
The use of leeches has a positive therapeutic effect in the vast spectrum of pathologies of many human systems and organisms. Here are the diseases treated by a girudotherapist:
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels: cardiovascular insufficiency, atherosclerosis, stenocardia, ischemic heart disease, cardiac sclerosis, hypertension, hypotension, varicose veins, thrombosis, thrombophlebitis;
- sickening of the organs of the abdominal cavity: holecystitis, pancreatitis, colitis, gastritis, duodenitis, dyskinesia of the biliary tract, liver cirrhosis, pyelonephritis, moche-amenic disease;
- urological diseases: prostatitis, cystitis, urethritis;
- skin diseases: eczema, furunculosis, acne, psoriasis, trophic ulcers;
- diseases of respiratory organs: bronchitis, pneumonia;
- ENT diseases: haymoritis, acute sinusitis, otitis, neuritis of auditory nerves;
- malnutrition of the musculoskeletal system, including neurological nature: osteochondrosis, arthritis, osteomyelitis, sciatica, myositis, radiculitis, vertebral hernia;
- ophthalmic diseases: glaucoma, keratitis, iridocyclitis;
- gynecological diseases: uterine fibroids, inflammation and ovarian cysts, adhesions, fibroids, endomotriosis, inflammation of the adder, erosion of the cervix, mastitis;
- endocrine diseases: thyrotoxicosis, diabetes mellitus;
- allergic diseases: neyroderma, urticaria, bronchial asthma, vasomotor rhinitis.
Now do you know when to go to a girudotherapist? In addition, hirudotherapy helps to cure headaches of any etiology, stabilize the course of the arteriosclerosis of the brain, get out of the depressed state, recover faster after injuries, get rid of cellulite and even lose some of the extra pounds. Yes there cellulite, with the help of hirudotherapy, you can reduce spasticity in children with cerebral palsy.