With the pulling sensations in the lower abdomen at the fifth week, treatment can be prescribed only if the cause of the condition requires it - for example, with a threatening miscarriage, or with an early toxicosis.
If pulling the lower abdomen for physiological reasons, then treatment is not required.
If necessary, complex therapy is used, including medicines and auxiliary medical measures (establishment of a sparing regimen, diet, physiotherapy, psychotherapy, etc.).
The establishment of a regime and changes in diet are important steps to prevent the threat of termination of pregnancy. For a woman in the fifth week of pregnancy, the presence of a full-fledged healthy sleep and high-quality nutrition, the absence of stress and fears, the measured physical load, and often - sexual rest are very important.
In some cases, the pregnant woman is recommended to consult a psychologist at the fifth week - the early stage of pregnancy is often accompanied by excessive emotional stress, anxiety, phobias.
However, it also happens that you can not do without medication. Depending on the causes of the pulling sensations in the lower abdomen, the doctor may recommend taking certain medications.
- pustyrnik in tablets (1 tablet 2-3 times a day);
- valerian in tablets - Valerian extract, Valerian Fort, Dormiplant, Valdispert (1-2 tablets per night).
- Preparations of antispasmodic action:
- such drugs as Papaverin or No-shpa (the same Drotaverin) contribute to relaxation of the myometrium and have a good effect in hypertension of the uterus. Such drugs can be prescribed in the form of tablets or intramuscular injections, and Papaverine is often used rectally in the form of suppositories (1 unit at bedtime);
- tablets Magnumum, Magne-B 6 also perfectly regulate the uterine tone, normalize the work of the nervous system, and also help get rid of night cramps. Any of these drugs can be taken on 1 tab. 2-4 times a day, as prescribed by the doctor.
- Hormones (they are used only after assessing the level of hormones in the blood):
- Progesterone (Dyufaston, Iprozhin, Prajisan, Utrozhestan) - these drugs replace the main body hormone in the female body, which ensures the preservation of pregnancy. Duphaston take 1 tab. Once in eight hours, or according to an individual scheme selected by the doctor. Utrozhestan is taken in the amount of 100-200 mg daily. Both drugs are tolerated by the body quite well: only in some cases dyspepsia and changes in appetite are possible;
- glucocorticosteroid hormones (for example, Metipred or Dexamethasone) can be administered in individual amounts in cases of immunity or hyperandrogenic disorders.
- Preparations for stopping bleeding appoint with the presence of bloody discharge. These drugs include Ascorutin, Vitamin K, Dicinone - they reduce vascular permeability, improve capillary blood flow, affect the processes of blood clotting.
- Vitamins are prescribed not only to prevent the threat of miscarriage, but also for the normal development of pregnancy and fetus. In addition to the above-mentioned Magnum (or Magne-B 6 ), doctors often prescribe tocopherol (Vit. E), folic acid, other B vitamins, as well as complex preparations for pregnant women - Vitrum Prenatal, Elevit Pronatal, etc.
Physioprocedures can be prescribed by a doctor as an auxiliary non-drug therapy:
- The method of electroanalgesia - calms and eliminates the small pulling pain in the lower abdomen.
- Electrophoresis with magnesium - helps relax the myometrium, normalizes the uterine tone.
- Reflex electrorelaxation is a technique of reflex relaxation of muscles, which facilitates the rapid removal of hypertonia.
- The method of hyperbaric oxygenation implies the use of oxygen in special chambers. The method improves blood circulation, eliminates hypoxia of tissues, helps to remove toxic substances from the body.
- Acupuncture and reflexotherapy are procedures that help not only to stabilize the uterine tone, but also normalize blood pressure, reduce the psychoemotional load, improve sleep.
If the abdomen is pulled at the 5th week of pregnancy, then the usual alternative methods can help in the initial stages, which can be divided into two categories: what can not and what should be done in such a situation.
- Not recommended:
- use black tea and coffee, as well as soda;
- to eat black chocolate;
- eat dishes from cabbage, peas, beans (this can increase the tone of the uterus);
- use products with chemical additives;
- go to the steam room or sauna;
- observe any diet for weight loss;
- take a hot shower or bath;
- soar your legs;
- to lift heavy objects (more than three kilograms);
- experience, quarrel;
- to ride a bicycle and other types of transport;
- to smoke, to drink alcohol.
- more rest, walking, sleeping;
- listen to classical or other light music;
- eat vegetable food, white meat, drink fresh juices or compotes.
For a normal course of pregnancy, many experts recommend inhaling the aroma of soothing and relaxing herbs - for example, mint, thyme, lemon balm, valerian root or hop cones. This will help to calm down and tune in to positive.
In pregnancy, including in cases when pulling the lower abdomen, the herbs are taken very carefully and only on the recommendation of the doctor. With discomfort in the abdomen, the following recipes with herbs may become relevant:
- Five grams of dandelion rhizome are poured into 200 ml of water and boiled for five minutes. Drink 50 ml in the morning, before dinner and before bedtime.
- One teaspoon of ground bark of the viburnum is poured into 200 ml of water and boiled for 5 minutes. Drink 2 tablespoons three times a day.
- Thirty grams of a Kalinovy color are covered in a thermos and poured with boiling water, leave for 2 hours for infusion. Drink 50 ml before breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Prepare a mixture of 10 g of St. John's wort and 10 g of calendula, pour 400 ml of boiling water, insist 30 minutes under the lid. The received quantity of a drink is drunk for a day, adding honey to taste.
To get rid of the pulling sensations in the lower abdomen at week 5, you can use homeopathic remedies, which are represented by many effective drugs. For example, the discomfort associated with early toxicosis in the fifth week of pregnancy can be eliminated with Sepia, Ipekakuana, Lacticum Acidum and Kokkulus Indica preparations, and Colchicum.
Any of the listed homeopathic medicines take three times a day before the onset of persistent improvement. If after the end of taking medication, the pulling sensations will resume, then the treatment is allowed to be repeated.
If you pull the lower abdomen at week 5, and this is associated with the threat of miscarriage, then homeopathic preparations are taken 4 times a day until the normal course of pregnancy. If a woman already had incidents of miscarriage, then homeopathy should be taken three times a day, from the very beginning of pregnancy and until about the sixteenth week.
With a threatening miscarriage, the most effective are the following:
- Aconite - will help with a threat caused by stress;
- Arnica - eliminate hypertonia associated with a fall or injury;
- Belladonna - can be used to eliminate bloody discharge, painful pulling sensations in the abdomen and back;
- Sabina - appointed with severe bleeding and acute painful sensations in the lower abdomen;
- Viburnum - is used for a threatening spontaneous abortion.
If pulling the lower abdomen at week 5, the operation is performed only in emergency cases:
- with ectopic pregnancy;
- with cysts and other neoplasms requiring urgent surgical intervention.
Usually, such operations are performed by laparoscopy - a gentle intervention that involves minimal tissue damage and a fast period of subsequent recovery.
In pregnancy, laparoscopic operations are relatively frequent. However, whenever possible, they are postponed to the second trimester, when the main processes of laying the bodies of a future child are coming to an end.
If laparoscopy is prescribed for a pregnant woman, it is very important during the surgery to select the right anesthetic and correctly calculate the amount to not harm the fetus. The risk of early and premature births with laparoscopy is reduced to a minimum, so worry about the further normal course of pregnancy is not worth it.