The drug Clexane is produced in different volumes, because the doctor sets the dosage individually, depending on the results of the patient's tests. Most often, injections of the drug are performed at a dose of 40 mg daily, once a day, for 2 weeks or more.
With the pathology of deep venous vessels, the dosage of Clexane is made during pregnancy by weight: the amount of the drug is calculated from the ratio of 1.5 mg / kg of the woman’s weight.
A common question: where can you prick Clexane during pregnancy? Injections are performed subcutaneously, in the abdominal region, namely, in the right or left segment, not less than five centimeters from the umbilical point. Injections are produced alternately, then in the right, then in the left segment.
There should be no doubt where to prick Clexane in late pregnancy. The drug is administered exclusively in the abdominal area, while respecting all the necessary conditions and rules.
Pre-carefully study the instructions on how to prick Clexane in the stomach during pregnancy:
- Wash your hands with soap or treat with a disinfectant. The patient lies down on a bed or a couch.
- Presumably schedule an area for the injection.
- Treat the intended injection with a cotton pad moistened with alcohol.
- Carefully remove the cap from the needle connected to the syringe filled with the drug Clexane. The syringe is completely ready for use. Do not pre-press on the piston protrusion to remove air bubbles, as this may disturb the dosage of the drug. The needle is sterile and should not touch anything until the complete injection of the solution.
- The skin on the stomach is taken in a thick fold with the help of the index and thumb of the free hand. Important: the fold should be kept during the entire period of administration of the drug.
- The syringe is held so that the needle is directed downwards (vertically) and has been inserted into the fold for the entire length.
- With a thumb press the piston protrusion, inject the drug, and with the other hand hold the fold.
- Remove the needle from the skin without changing the angle of inclination. The skin fold is released.
- The syringe with the needle is directed downwards and away from itself, pressing the piston protrusion all the way down: this action should activate the installation of a protective cover. Next, the syringe should be thrown away.
The injection site should not be rubbed, kneaded, lubricated with creams and gels.
The usual frequency of administration of the drug - daily, once a day. Intermittent injections of Clexane every other day during pregnancy are undesirable, as this violates the persistent state of hemostasis.
- Clexane in the first trimester of pregnancy is undesirable to prescribe in order to prevent or treat blood clots. This clinical information, which is available to specialists, is not enough to determine the likelihood of adverse effects of the drug on the fetus or during pregnancy itself. If the doctor prescribes Clexane during early pregnancy, then he must carefully weigh all the risks, resorting to the help of the medication only in case of real need.
- Clexane in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy can be prescribed for therapeutic purposes, since there is a clinical possibility of using the drug without teratogenic or fetotoxic effects. However, additional research before using Clexane is mandatory: the drug is prescribed only if other means of a similar effect fail.
- Clexane in the 3 rd trimester of pregnancy can be prescribed if blood clotting indicators indicate the need for such a step. In most cases, the drug is used up to 36 weeks, but for individual patients, treatment can be continued, at the discretion of the physician.
Do not be afraid to use Clexane in late pregnancy, if the doctor insists on it. If necessary, the drug is administered until the day of birth, possibly canceling it 12 hours before the onset of labor.
It is advisable to perform the injections daily at the same time, with an allowable range of ± 1 hour.
What to do if Clexana missed an injection during pregnancy? Skipping a single injection should not adversely affect the state of hemostasis, however, the following injections should be done on time and regularly.
How much to prick and how to cancel Clexane during pregnancy, the doctor decides. In some cases, the drug is abolished abruptly, in others it is gradually replaced by another drug. This question is solved individually, because everything depends on the blood parameters and the state of the patient’s coagulation system.
It is also possible temporary cancellation of Clexane during pregnancy, if the doctor sees this as a necessity. Such cancellation should be monitored by a hematologist and accompanied by appropriate blood tests.