Treatment of cholecystitis in pregnancy should be etiologically and pathogenetically justified. The method of treatment is determined in each case individually. Distinguish conservative and operative treatment. Among the conservative methods also differentiate medication, alternative remedies and homeopathic methods.
An important stage of treatment is diet and nutrition. The regime of a pregnant woman should exclude excessive loads, but at the same time it is necessary to have minimal physical activity, as the activity of the gastrointestinal tract and the secretion of bile are activated.
Diet is an important point in the treatment of cholecystitis. Food should be divided in small portions 5-6 times a day. This facilitates the release of bile at each meal and eliminates stagnation. It is necessary to exclude from the diet fatty, fried, smoked, salty foods, which irritates the liver and intensifies dyspeptic symptoms. It is necessary to include egg yolk, olive oil, and butter in small amounts in the diet, to improve the outflow of bile. But this concerns only the chronic process, with acute - this all is excluded and the diet should be sparing.
Drug treatment, as a rule, is used for chronic cholecystitis, which a woman is ill before pregnancy. The following drugs are available:
- Hofitol - a preparation of vegetable origin, which is an aqueous tincture of leaves of field artichoke. The drug has a pronounced choleretic effect, as well as a hepatoprotective effect by strengthening the membranes of hepatocytes. It is prescribed to pregnant women with late gestosis - pre-eclampsia - as a complex therapy, as well as chronic non-calculous cholecystitis. The drug is available in the form of tablets of 200 mg, take one tablet three times a day for 20 minutes before meals. Side effects that can be are allergic manifestations and dyspepsia in the form of diarrhea. It should be used with caution in the gallstones, as this can provoke hepatic colic.
- Holosas is a herbal preparation prepared from the water extract of a dogrose. It is a choleretic - it contributes to the secretion and secretion of bile from the gallbladder, which is important in connection with the atony of the bladder in pregnant women. The drug is available in the form of syrup in 300 ml vials. Take syrup on one teaspoon three times a day. Side effects are possible in the form of allergic manifestations, as well as nausea. It is necessary to be cautious with the use of the drug with concomitant diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Tanatechol is a true-born choleretic that is obtained from a plant - tansy. He has a pronounced choleretic effect and promotes a change in the composition of bile. Also, the drug has a positive effect - spasmolytic - relaxes the gallbladder and ducts, which improves the outflow of bile.
Produced in the form of tablets and applied after meals, one tablet three times a day. Side effects are allergic manifestations. Do not use the drug in the presence of stones in the gallbladder, this can exacerbate the condition.
- Convaflavin is a combined herbal preparation, the main component of which is lily of the valley. In addition to pronounced choleretic action, the drug has an antispasmodic effect, which reduces the severity of the pain syndrome. The drug is available in the form of tablets of 100 mg, it is low in toxicity and is administered orally 2 tablets three times a day before meals. Side effects can be in the form of dizziness, allergic reactions and stool disorders.
- Baralgin, Drotaverin, Papaverin are preparations from the group of antispasmodics, which are prescribed in case of painful syndrome to relieve spasm of the gallbladder and bile ducts. The drugs are used in the form of tablets - taking one pill when symptoms appear.
B vitamins are also used in complex therapy with herbal preparations. They are prescribed in injection form or in a complex of vitamins.
Physiotherapy is recommended during remission, but with caution and reducing the dose to half. UHF-therapy is recommended to improve the outflow of bile, as well as blind probing with xylitol.
Operative treatment of cholecystitis in pregnant women is carried out only with a confirmed diagnosis of acute purulent cholecystitis or an attack of cholecystitis in cholelithiasis. Then there is a direct danger to life of the pregnant woman, because there is a foci of infection that can quickly spread to surrounding organs or pain syndrome can cause premature birth. The volume of the operation is the removal of the gallbladder, which is carried out under general anesthesia, considering the use of anesthesia that does not affect the fetus. Pregnant women do not undergo laparoscopic surgery, operative access is a medial laparotomy, for a better revision of the abdominal cavity, because the anatomy of the internal organs changes in connection with the enlarged uterus.
After removal of the gallbladder and the audit put through drainage. This operation is carried out with constant monitoring of the fetus. In case of signs of distress of the fetus - caesarean section.
Alternative treatment of cholecystitis in pregnant women
Alternative treatment of cholecystitis in pregnant women has its advantages, as medicines during pregnancy are of limited use because of the possible risk of influencing the fetus.
Many methods of alternative treatment are used, the main effect of which is a pronounced choleretic and spasmolytic effect.
- Corn stigmas are one of the most well-known drugs used in alternative medicine for the treatment of chronic cholecystitis. The fruits of the corn are dried, then poured with boiled water in a ratio of one to one and insist. Such a decoction is taken warm by half a glass three times a day.
- Dandelion - the roots of this plant blooming in yellow, not faded, you need to rinse, cut and boil for five minutes, then insist another twenty minutes and strain. You need to drink in a warm form for half a cup three times a day before meals.
- Beet juice also has a pronounced choleretic effect. Beetroot must be welded, but not to the full readiness, then clean and squeeze out the juice. This juice should be taken on a tablespoon before eating.
- The leaves of the immortelle and St. John's wort must be dried, boiled for five minutes and insisted for ten minutes, then cooled and take a quarter cup three times a day.
Homeopathic remedies are also used to treat cholecystitis in pregnant women, which is explained by their harmless effect on the child.
The main homeopathic remedies:
- Cholesan is a drug that shows choleretic effect and hepatoprotective by improving metabolism in hepatocytes. The preparation is produced in granules, seven sugar granules are used for 20 minutes before meals, while they should be kept in the mouth until dissolved. Side effects were not detected with the use of this drug.
- Bile - a homeopathic preparation that promotes the release and formation of bile, increases the motility of the gallbladder, reduces the formation of gallstones. Produced in the form of homeopathic granules. Apply five granules before meals, in the morning before breakfast for 20 minutes - 1 time per day. Adverse events were not detected. It should be used with other homeopathic remedies with a similar mechanism of action.
- Hepel is a homeopathic remedy of a combined composition that has a pronounced antispasmodic, choleretic, antidiarrhoeal effect. It is available in the form of tablets and a solution for injection. For pregnant women, one tablet is used in the form of tablets three times a day. Can be combined with taking other medications, side effects are not revealed.
- Choledius - a preparation of a homeopathic series complex. The drug has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect on the gallbladder, does not affect the excretion of stones. Produced in the form of homeopathic drops. Method of application - 10 drops dissolve in half a glass of warm water, and drink a small sip once a day for forty minutes before eating. There were no side effects.
, , ,