With the problem of hair loss, almost all women face different age periods. Treatment of alopecia depends on the factors that provoked it. To determine the causes of the cosmetic defect, a special diagnosis is carried out, aimed at studying the structure of ringlets, the presence of fungal lesions and other problems. Diagnosis and preparation of a plan of therapy is handled by a trichologist, endocrinologist and other narrow specialists.
The algorithm for treating female hair loss looks like this:
Consider the treatment of the most common causes of alopecia:
- Fungal head skin lesions (microsporia, candidiasis, erythrasma, trichophytosis). For treatment use of local and internal use of antifungal agents. Most often, patients are prescribed such drugs: Naphthyfine, Amphotericin B, Flucanazole, Tioconazole. The main mechanism of action of drugs is the violation of the normal structure and functioning of the cell membranes of the fungus.
- Iron deficiency anemia - this problem is based on a lack of vitamin B12 in the body. For treatment, preparations of ferrous salts (Ferroplex, Ferrogradumet, Sorbifer durules) and ferric iron (Maltofer, Biofer, Venofer, Likferr) are used, as well as vitamin preparations to stimulate erythrocyte maturation.
- Endocrine Disorders
- Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus - for the normalization of glucose in the blood use insulin of different duration of action.
- Diabetes of the second type - sulfanylurea preparations, glycoidase blockers, thiazolidinediones and other agents.
- Diseases of the thyroid gland - a violation of its functions leads to loss of hair on the head and eyebrows. For restoration, hormone replacement therapy with analogues of the hormone T4, T3, levothyroxine sodium and their combinations is shown.
- Hormonal disorders - with a decrease in the production of estrogens, patients are prescribed funds that replace natural hormones (Estradiol valerate, Ovestin, Femoston).
- Skin diseases (eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, seborrhea) - antihistamines (Fenistil, Omeril, Suprastin) and topical glucocorticoids (Dexamethasone, Fluticasone, Lokoid) are used for treatment.
- Immunity disorders (systemic diseases, skin vasculitis, blood supply disorders, autoimmune inflammatory processes) - for stimulation of the thymus gland (Levamizol, Inosin), humoral immunity activators (Vigam, Sodium Nuclein, Lycopylid), activators of cellular immunity (Diucifon, Pentoxyl, Biotorin), interferons (Wiferon, Intron, Gamma-feron).
- Diseases of the central nervous system (neuroses, depression, stress, increased emotional stress) - for the use of soothing drugs, tranquilizers, antidepressants.
Regardless of the cause of the disease state, treatment of female alopecia begins with the normalization of lifestyle and nutrition. It is necessary to abandon bad habits, dyeing hair and using styling products. Also avoid drying and laying curls with a hair dryer, curling hair, rough combs, cure existing diseases.
The doctor, treating hair loss in women
The trichologist deals with problems with the scalp. This doctor is a dermatologist with a narrow specialization, which studies exclusively the diseases of the head of hear. The doctor's tasks include the treatment of alopecia and the development of preventive measures to prevent baldness and improve the condition of the curls.
Trichologist is engaged in therapy of such pathologies:
- Alopecia (diffuse, focal, telogen, androgenetic).
- Premature graying of the hair.
- Change the appearance of the curls: tarnish, brittle, dry, split ends.
- Atrophy of hair and their thinning.
- Ring-shaped strands.
- Purulent inflammation of the hair follicles.
- Asbestine lichen.
But do not forget that very often loss of vegetation is a complication of a certain disease. Therefore, in addition to the help of the trichologist, the treatment may require the advice of other specialists: gynecologist, endocrinologist, dermatologist, immunologist.
As a rule, the trichologist works in specialized cosmetology clinics, skin and venereal dispensaries, and specialized research institutes. Visiting a doctor requires special training. Before taking it, you can not wash your hair. This is necessary to assess the natural state of the skin and hair roots. The most informative are the curls, which are washed two days before the call to the doctor. Do not use styling products and topical medications.
How to stop hair loss in women?
Hair loss is a physiological process that occurs in the life of each person. Hair follicles are renewed, old cells die, and they are replaced by new ones. The average loss of curls is about 150 pieces. Per day and as a rule, does not pose a threat to the general condition of the head of hear. But if hair loss has increased, then it must be stopped, since the cosmetic problem can lead to serious complications.
First of all, you should consult a doctor and determine the cause of sharp hair loss. For this it is necessary to undergo a number of laboratory and instrumental examinations. Based on the results of the diagnosis, a treatment plan is drawn up.
In order to stop the process of alopecia, it is necessary to approach the problem in a comprehensive manner. First of all, unfavorable factors that affect the growth of curls are eliminated, the way of life and diet, the methods of hair care are revised. Particular attention is paid to local effects on the condition of the head of hair. The doctor selects a quality shampoo and mask. Most often it's professional cosmetics with keratin, lactic acid and other vitamin supplements. At the time of treatment, the prohibition includes drying with a hair dryer, tight hair and other traumatic factors, possibly the appointment of hormonal treatment.
A radical method of controlling alopecia, used in the event that conservative therapy has proved ineffective is surgical treatment. To date, these types of operations are used to restore hair follicles in the case of alopecia:
- FUE (seamless method)
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) is a new technique for transplanting donor hair grafts from the occipital region and other parts of the body. Each follicle is transplanted separately, which avoids the appearance of linear scars. After the transplant, red micromusculars remain on the skin, which in a couple of days go down. This method is effective for alopecia from I to V degree in Norwood.
Advantages of FUE:
- Absence of cicatricial changes in donor and patient.
- The ability to use hair from any part of the body.
- No need for sutures.
- Accurate calculation requires the number of bulbs and their structure.
A seamless technique is used for alopecia, which is caused by post-traumatic or post-fire logging, as well as to restore eyebrows and eyelashes. With a small donor stock of follicles, grafts are taken from other hair areas of the body (chest, legs, shoulders, pubic area, beard). In one operation of 6-8 hours duration, up to 2500-3000 follicular associations can be transplanted.
- STRIP method (patchwork)
Hair transplantation by this method allows for one procedure to implant from 3500 micrografts, each of which consists of 1-4 follicles. Thanks to this, the effect of natural density of hair is created.
- The main disadvantage of the STRIP method is visible scars, which remain after the cut of the skin flap from the occiput to extract grafts.
- This method does not provide for the replanting of locks from other parts of the body.
- It is quite traumatic, so it requires a full recovery period.
The operation is performed under local anesthesia, it takes 2-5 hours. 3-4 months after the procedure begins the growth of new hair, and a year later locks acquire the maximum density and volume.
Surgical treatment of alopecia has a number of contraindications:
- Violation of blood clotting.
- Intolerance to anesthesia.
- Patients younger than 15 years.
- Mental diseases (trichotillomania, obsessive-compulsive disorder, dysmorphophobia).
- Dermatological diseases in the stage of exacerbation.
With special care, the operation is performed for patients with high blood pressure, diseases of the cardiovascular system, oncological pathologies.
Another nuance of hair transplantation is the risk of complications:
- Postoperative numbness - develops due to damage to nerve endings in the donor transplant region. It has a temporary character.
- Scarring - with the use of patchwork techniques, visible scars remain in the donor and patient.
- Rejection of implants.
The success of surgical treatment of female alopecia depends on the skill of the surgeon and the chosen method of transplantation.
Tips trihologa with hair loss in women
To quickly and successfully combat the problem of alopecia, it is necessary to follow such advice of a trichologist:
- Hair Care - Wash your head as it gets dirty, frequent washing can cause dandruff and as its complication - alopecia. Choose an individual care product for curls. It is desirable that the shampoo contains the maximum amount of useful and natural components. Do not forget about lotions, tonics, balms and masks.
- Combing - never comb wet locks, especially if there is a problem of their falling out and increased brittleness. Dry short strands brush from roots to tips. Long tresses first have tips, then roots. Choose wooden combs and brushes that do not damage the skin and strands. To care for the comb, wash it regularly with warm soapy water. Never use someone else's scallops.
- Massage - try 2-3 times a week to massage the scalp, using vegetable and essential oils. Even with normal hair growth, go through the Darsonval course.
- Protection - with the problem of alopecia do not use thermal means for styling or drying curls. Do not forget about the protection of the head in the cold season and summer with increased activity of the sun.
- Hairstyle - with a strong hair loss hair should be cut as much as possible. This will speed up the process of their recovery and stop the further loss. When brittle strands are strictly prohibited chemical perm, build-up, weaving African braids and other hairstyles, traumatizing the head of hear. Under the prohibition gets dyeing hair.
- Nutrition and vitamin therapy - revise your diet and balance it, eliminating all harmful products. Call a doctor and select a multivitamin complex to compensate for beneficial microelements.