Treatment of skin peeling in a newborn directly depends on the cause of the problem. If it is a question of simple peeling due to the effects of temperature, or due to excessive sweating of the baby, the most acceptable method of treatment is the proper bathing and skin care for the baby after bathing.
When peeling skin from a baby, bathing should be done only in boiled water without adding anything. After all, daily bathing excludes the contamination of the skin of the child, so there is no need to use soap or other means that additionally overdress the baby's skin. If the child has a gneiss on the head with the areas of skin peeling, then the head during bathing should be well washed and steamed. Do not rub with a washcloth or any other means. It's enough to simply oil it with olive oil or other baby oil after bathing and without effort it is easy to wipe it with a towel, trying to remove these crusts.
If the baby has skin peeling in the area of wrinkles or on the legs, then this can be quickly complicated by the formation of cracks and diaper rash. In this case, use to treat the ointment. Ointments from skin peeling in a newborn have the properties of an antiseptic and they soften the baby's skin, preventing infection and speeding up healing.
- Bepanten is a remedy whose main active ingredient is provitamin B5. He, when ingested, takes part in cellular metabolic processes and ensures the regeneration of each cell. The method of application can be in the form of an ointment with very dry skin, or in the form of a cream, when the wounds are already beginning to heal. Use a small amount of cream or ointment on the areas of dry damaged skin three times a day and always after bathing. There may be side effects in the form of allergy manifestations. Precautions - do not use more than two months in a row.
- Sudokrem is an ointment that consists of zinc oxide, due to which it has antiseptic and moisturizing properties when exposed to dry skin. It quickly penetrates deep into the skin and eliminates dryness and peeling due to the activation of zinc ions in the cells. The way of using the medicine - in the form of a cream, it is necessary to apply to the damaged skin after bathing. Side effects are infrequent, but there may be allergic manifestations. Precautions - When using face cream, avoid areas around the eyes.
- Desitin is a cream for the treatment of dryness and peeling of the skin, which can be used in newborns to prevent the occurrence of complications. The active substance of the drug is zinc in an active form, which can quickly penetrate the skin and restore the water balance in the cells. The method of application is the same - lubricate dry areas of the skin several times a day. Side effects are rare.
- Solcoseryl is an ointment that is used to treat skin peeling, which is accompanied by the formation of wounds and cracks that do not heal for a long time. The active substance of this drug is a product of processing of blood of calves, it is deprived of fibers. The drug increases oxygen breathing in cells, activates the proliferation and recovery of the cellular composition of the skin. The method of application of the drug is to lubricate the affected areas twice a day. Side effects - at the place of use can cause intense itching and burning.
- Calendula ointment is a natural antibacterial and emollient. The composition of the drug includes extract from calendula, which is a natural reductant of the structure of cells due to the normalization of metabolic processes in them. The way of application - a kind of ointment on the affected areas in a small amount. Precautions - newborns should be used only after carrying out a sensitivity test. Side effects can be in the form of redness and allergic reactions on the skin.
Treatment of skin peeling, which is caused by allergic dermatitis, is a more difficult task. There are several directions in the treatment of this process:
- elimination activities and diet therapy;
- general (systemic) treatment;
- external (local) treatment;
- treatment of concomitant diseases and pathological conditions;
- treatment of complications (eg, with skin infection).
The leading place in children with peeling of the skin of allergic genesis is the elimination diet. Specialized diets in this case have not only diagnostic and therapeutic value, but also a preventive focus. At the beginning of the examination of the newborn child, before receiving the results of allergological tests, an empirical diet for the mother is appointed if she feeds the baby with the breast. Such a diet provides for the exclusion of food allergens from the diet, suspected of anamnesis data. It is also recommended to exclude products that have high allergenic properties (milk, eggs, fish, mushrooms, coffee, chocolate, honey, citrus fruits, carrots, nuts, pineapples, etc.). Meat broths, sharp and very salty dishes, spices, marinades, canned food are excluded from the diet. However, it is necessary to individually detect the "guilty" allergen without getting carried away by the wide elimination of the known obligate allergens from the diet, and to monitor the full nutrition of the nursing mother.
Despite the fact that most often the allergen in children of the first year of life is cow's milk, dairy-free diets for the mother are used. If the child is on artificial feeding, the adapted mixtures based on the soy protein isolate are appointed as a substitute for cow milk for 4-6 months. The duration of feeding with a soy mixture depends on the degree of sensitization and severity of clinical manifestations. Hypoallergenic are dairy products, created on the basis of hydrolyzed proteins of cow milk with a high degree of hydrolyzate.
The main means for systemic treatment of allergic rash in newborns are antihistamines.
- Fenistil is an antihistamine that can be taken to newborn babies. The advantage of the drug is that the method of its application can be local in the form of a gel or systemic in the form of drops. Dosage of the drug for newborns - 3 drops once a day. Side effects can be in the form of drowsiness of the child, a decrease in appetite. Precautions - use in preterm babies with caution.
Another group of drugs that are used to treat systemic manifestations of allergy are ketotifen, sodium cromoglycate and nedocromil sodium. These drugs do not block the action of histamine, but prevent the release of biologically active amines from basophils. In this case, the effect of the activated histamine is continued until it is destroyed by histamine deaminase. Therefore, such drugs are used only to prevent clinical manifestations of allergies, but not to eliminate them. For the same reason, these funds must be taken for a long time to achieve a clinical effect. Each of these drugs has certain characteristics of influence, which leads to their advantage in various allergic diseases.
- Thus, ketotifen (Zaditen) is also characterized by a powerful and prolonged blocking effect (H1 receptors), although this effect is manifested only after several days of taking the drug. Ketotifen is influenced by the clinical manifestations of allergies is dominated by loratadine and clemastine. Therefore, the place of ketotifen in patients with predominantly allergic skin reaction in the form of peeling, dryness and rash is a priority.
- Cromoglycate sodium acts not only on the actual allergic manifestations, but also on the nervous system of the child in these diseases.
- Nedocromil sodium is more potent than cromoglicate, prevents the formation of allergic reactions due to blocking the biological effects of prostaglandins and leukotrienes. An exception is only neurogenic caused by the variants of the diseases. In bronchial asthma, the drug exceeds the prophylactic activity of prolonged theophylline preparations and β-blockers and is not inferior to inhaled steroids. In allergic lesions of ENT organs and conjunctiva, nedocromil shows a pronounced effect than cromoglycate, and has the ability to enhance the effect of antihistamines while simultaneously applying
Therefore, the selection of medicines of a local nature should be carried out only by an experienced specialist. Widely used desensitizing agents: 3-7% sodium salicylate solution for 5-15 ml per day for 3 weeks, in / in sodium thiosulfate and others. Correction of immunity - Splenin 1-2 ml per day IM per course 10-12. All kinds of vaccines, in small doses, act as desensitizing (tuberculin, staphylococcal, fungal vaccines). Of great importance are enterosorbents, magnesia 25% 15 ml 2-3 r-day. With dysbacteriosis use colibacterin, bifikol, bifidumbacterin, baktisubtil, linex.
Alternative skin peeling treatment
Alternative methods of treatment usually involve the use of different herbs for bathing the baby and softening the skin of the affected areas.
- The grass of the chamomile is widely known for its antiseptic properties and softening. To prepare the medicine you need to make an infusion of grass. Brew should be in boiled hot water at the rate of two bags of grass for 20 grams per glass of water. After five minutes of infusion, you can add this solution to the baby's bath and bathe as usual. After bathing, you need to lubricate the skin with chamomile infusion with the addition of five drops of olive oil.
- Calendula has long been known for its beneficial effects on the skin and its appendages. It restores the balance of water in the cells and normalizes metabolism. You can make a 10% solution of calendula. To do this, take 20 grams of dried calendula flowers and pour warm water in a volume of 200 milliliters, insist for two hours. Lubricate dry areas of the skin 2 times a day with a warm solution.
- Sea buckthorn oil is known for its emollient properties and antibacterial. You can make sea buckthorn oil at home. To do this, you need to grind finely the fruit of the sea-buckthorn blender several times to form a gruel. Excess moisture must be drained. After this, add a quarter teaspoon of wax and a teaspoon of olive oil. All this must be heated in a water bath and mixed until a uniform consistency is obtained. Ointment needs to be cooled. Apply in small amounts to the areas of peeling two times a day.
Homeopathy in the treatment of skin peeling can be used as a topical agent. To this end, use:
- Amberan is a complex remedy, which includes many medicinal herbs, as well as beeswax and copper sulfate in homeopathic concentration. Method of application of the drug external - in the form of a solution on the affected skin. Precautions - do not use for allergies to honey. Side effects are infrequent - there may be allergic events.
- Echinacea Madaus is a remedy whose active ingredient is Echinacea. This plant removes the increased sensitization and peeling of the skin. Used in the form of ointment externally on the skin with peeling and other lesions. Precautions - for newborns to use only on the advice of a doctor.
- Vundehil is a remedy that includes herbal tinctures in different concentrations. They have a preventive antibacterial and exfoliating effect. Method of application - externally a thin layer should be applied to the affected areas of the skin. Precautions - the preparation contains alcohol, so it can leave a feeling of dryness after use, which can be eliminated with the usual olive oil.
Surgical treatment of skin peeling can be used only in very severe complicated cases, for example, in the formation of phlegmon of the newborn. In acute skin flaking in any other uncomplicated cases, operational methods are not used.