How to cook ground ginger?
Ground ginger, as you know, can be purchased at any grocery store, in the department of spices. However, this seasoning can be prepared on your own: homemade ground ginger at times more flavorful and tastier.
The preparation of ginger powder is an absolutely simple process:
- prepared ginger (peeled or just well washed) cut into thin slices, like the preparation of chips;
- slices are dried in an oven, in special drying or simply in the sun. The dried chips easily break and crumble;
- Now it remains to crush the chips into powder. This can be done with a coffee grinder or a hard mortar.
It is worth noting that the dry seasoning, bought in the store, is stored much longer than cooked at home. Therefore, ground home-made ginger should immediately be poured into a dry and hermetically sealed dishes. Use this product is recommended for four months.
Ginger - a fairly popular spice, so in the kitchen, it will always find use. Ginger season with pastries, soups, mushroom and meat dishes, vegetable stew. In addition, ginger contains many vitamins, rejuvenates the body and strengthens the immune system.
Ground ginger for weight loss
The fact that ginger powder helps to lose weight has been known for a long time. Both fresh and ground ginger retains all its useful and unique properties.
For the visible effect of losing weight, it is sometimes enough to add spice to almost any food intake: ginger can season the first dishes (soups, hodgepodge, borsch, pickle, cabbage soup), meat and vegetable dishes (ragout, saute, goulash, casseroles), drinks (compote, kvass , tea), as well as sauces and even some desserts.
The use of ginger in order to reduce body weight can not be one-sided: weight loss should be supported by regular exercise and exercise adjustments. To hope for the "wonderful" action of ginger and continue to eat sweet and fatty foods, to put it mildly, is illogical. Any approach to solving the problem should be comprehensive.
How can ginger help lose weight? This seasoning is known in dietetics, as a means of reducing the feeling of hunger, adding strength, accelerating metabolic processes (metabolism), cleansing the digestive tract. When observing the rules of a balanced diet, sometimes it is enough to replace dinner with tea drinking with ginger additives, and the process of losing weight will go much faster and more noticeably.
Properties of ground ginger
Ginger is considered a good source of gingerol: this substance activates all stages of digestion and speeds up metabolic reactions, which helps to get rid of excess fatty deposits.
Special scientific research on the effect of ginger powder on the body was not conducted. Nevertheless, in the benefits of this seasoning, none of the experts and nutritionists have no doubt. Ginger perfectly stabilizes the work of the digestive tract, and, in particular, the intestines, reduces the cholesterol in the blood, relieves the body of accumulated toxic substances and metabolic metabolic products.
Active substances, which are rich in spice, are able to fight with pathogenic bacteria, to remove signs of inflammation, to expel parasites from the body. In addition, ginger can effectively fight with atherosclerosis, increased blood glucose levels, hypertension. It is successfully used for edemas of various origin.
The effect of ginger for cold is multifaceted: spice promotes sputum discharge with dry cough, warms the body with fever, has a harmful effect on many types of pathogenic microbes.
Eastern medicine practices the use of ginger in convulsive conditions, PMS, paroxysmal pain and fever, inflammation of the joints and rheumatism. Alternative medicine recommends using this spice when poisoning plants and mushrooms or bites of insects and vipers.
Use of ground ginger
In ginger, most of the useful elements are contained directly under the thin skin, which we usually clean. Therefore, before drying the ginger, it is advisable not to clean the root, but just to thoroughly wash it, then the benefits from the product will be much greater.
In China, ginger root is considered spicy, which gives youth: the use of the root in food slows down the aging of the body, improves the libido, awakens sexual desire.
Ginger root inhibits the growth and multiplication of microbial cells, activates immunity, prepares the body to fight infection.
Antiemetic and decongestant action of ginger makes it possible to use it effectively in case of toxicosis of pregnancy: periodic use of tea from ginger helps women to survive this period favorably.
A lot of vitamins, essential oils, microelements allow us to highly evaluate this product in dietetics and therapeutic nutrition. Activating blood circulation, metabolism, loss of appetite, stabilization of digestive processes - all this can ensure the consumption of ginger whenever possible with each meal.
Recipes from ground ginger
Ground ginger has a more acute taste than fresh ginger. Therefore add it to the dishes a little, so as not to overdo it. This spice can be used when cooking meat (15 minutes before the end of cooking), when making baking (added when kneading the dough), or in compote (5 minutes before the removal from the fire).
About how to make ginger tea and coffee, we'll talk later. And now let's talk about what else useful can be prepared from ground ginger.
- Ginger tincture. A medicine that is used for colds, acute respiratory viral infections, cardiological and nervous diseases. Tincture cleanses the blood, reduces the fatty layer in the tissues, adds strength after the transferred diseases, strengthens the libido, favorably affects the eyesight. Use 100 grams of ground ginger powder per 1 liter of quality vodka: mix and leave in a dark place for two weeks, periodically mixing the mixture. After the tincture is filtered, you can (but not necessarily) add a piece of honey or sugar. Drink 1 teaspoon twice a day before eating, mixing with a half cup of water.
- Ginger bath. It acts on the body relaxing, warming, helps to protect yourself from colds. For 1/2 liter of water, take 4 full tsp of ground powdered ginger, boil for 12 minutes and add directly to the bath with moderately hot water. The bath should be taken better for 15-20 minutes, after which, without rinsing, wipe yourself with a towel.
- Ginger milk. Used as an antitussive. In a cup of warm milk, add a quarter teaspoon of ginger powder, a teaspoon of honey, a pinch of turmeric. Drink little by little during the day.
- Influenza drink. Pour a teaspoon of boiling water a teaspoon of ground ginger, the same amount of ground cinnamon and honey, you can add a pinch of black pepper. This infusion is drunk hot in a glass for every three hours.
- Means against diarrhea. In a glass of water, add a teaspoon of ground ginger and half a spoonful of nutmeg powder (or ground walnut partitions). Stir the mixture and drink in two divided doses during the day.
- Ginger compress. Used for joint and muscle pain, radiculitis, neuralgia. Make a mixture of a teaspoon of ground ginger, a half spoonful of turmeric, a pinch of red pepper, a drop of mustard oil, adding a little hot water. Kashitsu put on a clean cloth or dense gauze, attach to the affected area, cover with polyethylene and cover the heat. You can remove the compress after half an hour, after the procedure should again hide and lie down.
- Means for PMS. For 0.5 liters of boiling water, insist a teaspoon of ground ginger and a tablespoon of dried nettle. After 15 minutes, filter and take half a cup three times a day.
- Ginger Scrub from increased fat content of hair. A tablespoon of ground ginger is mixed with two tablespoons of sesame oil. The mixture is rubbed into the scalp and left for half an hour, after which the hair is thoroughly washed.
Adding ground spices to any dish is already good, do not neglect it and revitalize your body.
Coffee with ground ginger
Ginger coffee is not only the morning cheerfulness and pleasure, but also an effective fight against extra pounds. If you are a big fan of coffee, and besides you want to lose weight, then these recipes are for you:
- for especially lazy - a pinch of ginger add to your cup of coffee, cooked in any way;
- milk ginger coffee - for 400 ml of water, add 2 pcs. Cloves, a quarter teaspoon ground ginger, a table. Spoon ground coffee beans and cook. After boiling, add 400 ml of boiled milk, strain and serve;
- coffee in Mediterranean - a mixture of three table. Spoons of ground coffee, a quarter teaspoon of ground ginger, a teaspoon of cinnamon, cocoa powder and anise, a little peel of orange or lemon boil in 400 ml of water. Sugar add to taste;
- indian coffee - take 3 cloves, a half teaspoon of cinnamon, a crushed cardamom box, a little nutmeg, a quarter teaspoon of ground ginger, a few mint leaves, sugar and ground coffee - to taste. Coffee boil with spices, add sugar and 200 ml of milk. After several minutes of infusion, strain and drink hot.
Ginger coffee - a kind and unforgettable drink. In the East, coffee with spices is served to expensive guests, emphasizing their good attitude towards them. You can try, balance the composition of spices to your taste, clean or add the spices you like, perfecting the drink at your discretion.
Ground green coffee with ginger
Green coffee is a relatively new product, which appeared on our market only in 2012. Its effectiveness in solving the problem of weight loss has been proved by American scientific research.
Green coffee contains less caffeine than its black analog, but instead it contains chlorogenic acid, which helps to reduce weight by reducing the amount of fat.
In fact, these are the same grains of coffee, to which we are accustomed, but with a different degree of processing. After all, the more roast coffee beans, the less active substance of chlorogen in them remains. Therefore, losing weight by drinking green coffee is much easier. By the way, this drink does not cause an increase in blood pressure and has a less pronounced invigorating effect due to the low content of caffeine.
Adding a cup of brewed green coffee a quarter teaspoon of ground ginger will further accelerate the exchange processes by strengthening the thermogenetic processes. This will help burn calories, almost without resorting to greater physical stress.
Green coffee combined with ginger reduces the level and need of the body for glucose.
Drink is used in the amount of one cup a day for half an hour before breakfast. During drinking coffee it is recommended to increase the amount of drinking water in the diet to 2 liters.
Ginger tea from ground ginger
Ginger tea can be used not only for weight loss, but also for stool disorders, nausea, poor digestion, colds, coughs, fever.
Ginger powder is convenient for adding to tea: it is covered with the tea leaves, insist for at least 5 minutes. You can drink this tea during the day, regardless of the meal: with the addition of ginger, the drink may become cloudy and get a bit of a sharp taste - this is the normal reaction of tea to ground spices.
The main recipe for tea is as follows:
- half a teaspoon of ground ginger;
- a glass of boiling water;
- honey to taste.
Ginger is poured with boiling water and cooked for 10 minutes, then another 10 minutes is infused and served with honey.
If the first time you could not assess the taste of the drink, do not despair: to the sharp taste of ginger you need to get used to. Many add to this tea a slice of lemon or orange, a leaf of mint or lemon balm, jasmine: so the taste of tea becomes less pronounced.
With a cold to tea, you can add a pinch of black ground pepper. Drink tea in small sips, not hurrying - so the benefits of the drink will be palpable.
Green tea with ground ginger
The combination of green tea and ginger is an excellent combination of vitamins, microelements, antioxidants and antidepressants. This rejuvenating drink cleanses the face, improves its color, stabilizes digestion and gives energy to the body.
This tea stimulates brain activity, has analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect, enhances sexual desire, helps in the fight against excess kilograms.
- Tea for colds. Brew ordinary green tea, adding a quarter teaspoon of ground ginger to 100 ml of tea. Insist 7 minutes. Add honey, cinnamon, lemon or sugar to taste.
- Mint-ginger tea. Brew ordinary green tea, adding ground ginger (1/4 teaspoon per 100 ml) and a few leaves of mint. Infuse for 10 minutes.
Green tea and ginger are a wonderful and useful combination. You can complement the taste of the drink by adding lemon, orange or apple juice, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom. Some lovers add garlic to ginger - this tea is especially good for colds and first signs of flu, especially if you add a pinch of black ground pepper to it.
How to drink ground ginger?
How to use ground ginger to make tea or coffee, we have already considered. But what other drinks can be made from ground ginger? Yes, whatever. For example:
- Ginger lemonade. Half a liter of water, 300 g of sugar, a teaspoon of ground ginger boil and insist. Filter the mixture, add the juice of 2 lemons and dilute to taste with pure soda water.
- Ginger smoothies. Prepare freshly squeezed juice from three medium carrots, two apples, add half teaspoon ground ginger. Mix in a blender with one peeled orange, two bananas and a few mint leaves. Serve chilled.
- Icy ginger coffee. Boil coffee with ¼ teaspoon of ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Drink to insist. After cooling, drain, add condensed milk to taste and crushed ice. Drink in small sips.
- Ginger kefir. A unique cocktail for weight loss. For a glass of yogurt or natural yogurt without additives - half a teaspoon of ground ginger and as much cinnamon, you can add a touch of red pepper. Beat and eat before meals, it is better in the morning on an empty stomach.
A unique and natural remedy, prolonging health and youth, giving a slender figure, healing many diseases - ground ginger. Eat ginger tea or coffee, but do not forget about a healthy lifestyle in general: regular physical activity, full and balanced nutrition, compliance with the drinking regime. Only an integrated approach will lead you to the intended goal.