Exercises in children with posture disorders
If your posture is already broken and the doctor has told you about it, we recommend that you pay attention to the following exercises. You will need a mirror.
We stand near the wall, touching it with shoulder blades, heels, buttocks and the back of the head. We spread our hands to shoulder level with palms from the wall. Slowly glide along the wall with your hands, without changing the position of the back - still everything that touched the wall and should touch it, down and up. During exercise, the muscles of the back and arms should be tense. Chin forward, belly pulled. They did 10 repetitions - and relaxed. You can do 10 times three sets.
In this exercise a large role is played by the mirror. Stand in front of him and press against the wall as described in the previous exercise. Now your task is to move away from the Seine so that your back remains in the same position, as if you continue to lean on the wall. Slowly moving away from the wall, checking your posture in the mirror. So three or four times.
The starting position is the same as in the previous two exercises - against the wall. Put your hands on the belt. The elbows should touch the wall. We slide along the back with the buttocks, hands, shoulder blades and the back of the head, and we slowly sit down and then slowly get up. Please watch yourself in the mirror. And your two children will be a “mirror”. Five such slow squats and you can take a break. When you get used to doing this exercise, you can add the number of squats.
, , , 
Exercises for correct posture
The task of this section is to show that the correct posture needs to be maintained, as the child grows, shape it in the right direction. We offer the following simple and effective exercises for this:
Starting position - lying on his stomach, arms extended in front of him. Let your child slowly raise arms and legs at the same time, slightly arched in the lower back. At the top point you need to stay for a couple of seconds and slowly return to the starting position. Five repetitions.
The starting position is the same, but the hands of the child should rest against the floor. Without taking your hands off the floor and leaning on them, you need to pull your head up to rise as high as possible and bend back. Then slowly return to the starting position.
Starting position - standing. The child should bend the arms in the elbows, then press the hands to the shoulders as much as possible to the shoulders, the thumb is sure to touch the shoulder. After that, in a tense state, spread the fingers of the hands to the sides. Elbows are pressed to the body - do everything according to the description in turn, so it will be easier for you to understand what to do. So, a child with spread fingers and elbows is standing, stretched out into the string, and slightly tilted his head back. Now the path slowly leads the elbows forward, until they touch, and at the same time lay the head on the elbows. Then relax and count to five. Slowly pull your elbows and head back. At the same time, the tension in the muscles of the cervical region and the pressure of the chin are acutely felt. Exercise repeat five times.
Starting position lying on the floor belly down. Folded palms at the chin then you need to make such a movement, as if you are in the water and spread water with your hands to the side. The child spreads the palm of his hand, then bends his elbows in front of him, lowers his head on the handles and rests for a while. The muscles of the neck, shoulders, back and arms are working. Five repetitions.
, , 
Starting position - lying on his back, the child should lift two legs forty-five degrees and “turn the bike” in the air. Ten spins forward, then you can lower the legs and give the child a rest, then ten spins backward. And so three approaches. The loin of the child should be pressed to the floor, the child’s arms may rest on the floor from behind.
The child is in its original position on the back, stretching out straight, arms along the body. Legs should be kept together and slowly lifted them low above the floor (but beginners can be a little higher - an exercise is quite difficult), then let them spread their legs wide apart, counting “one, two, three” will bring them together again and lower them to the floor. Ten repetitions. Follow the breath of the child - it should be smooth, calm.
To maintain correct posture, you must take 15-minute breaks during homework. One break per hour. In this case, the child should get up, walk, or do a couple of exercises. You can do it like this - put your knees on a chair, put your head on the table on folded hands, at the same time stretch your back and bend it with a bridge. Then relax the muscles of the back and lie down for a while.
Exercises for correcting posture in children
Proper posture is the right blood supply to the organs, excellent lung function, good emotional state. Hanging over people more often and feel depressed, this has already been proved by scientists. Explain it to your child and he will understand you.
The easiest exercise to correct your posture is walking on your toes with a book on your head. You can also put a book on your head and walk with your child. Arrange the competition - the first book will fall, he lost.
There is a good exercise for children, called "cat". The child is kneeling, resting his hands on the floor, his head down. You say: “The cat sees the mouse! And the child arches his back bridge. You say: “The cat is looking at mom! And the child bends back, raising his head high, arched in the opposite direction.
Good exercises for the back - Plank pose and pushups from the floor. Children hard pushups. Therefore, you can begin to train them push-ups from his knees. Emphasis is placed on the arms and knees bent. Hands wide and symmetrical with respect to the head are separated to the sides. The back is straight. Head not lowered - look ahead. Enough a pair of pushups of three approaches. Gradually increase the number of pushups, and then let the child wring out, resting on his toes. Moms and dads also will not be harmful to join the child. Here competitions are also possible - who will better press, who will do more pushups.
Pose slats. You can rest on your elbows and socks. The body is stretched into a string, the back is straight, the eyes are looking forward, not down. The stomach is tense. Count to 30 - this is enough for a child at first. Let the child try to do the same Planck pose, resting on the outstretched arms.
Another good exercise is to let the child sit on the floor in Turkish, keep the backrest straight, and stretch his arms over his head and stretch his arms as high as possible. Do a few times - enough to make him comfortable.
A set of exercises for posture for children
The complex of exercises for posture for children provides exercises that strengthen the muscular corset and contribute to the formation of correct posture.
In order to prevent the occurrence of posture pathology in very young children (up to 4 years old), it is recommended to conduct several specific exercises in the form of a game throughout the day:
- Crawl under a chair or under a stretched rope.
- Put a rope on the floor and walk along it like a tightrope walker.
- Crawl on all fours and do not lower his head.
- Perform an exercise - a woodcutter, when the child seems to be “chopping wood” while performing the inclinations.
For older children of preschool age (from 4 years of age) and school-age children, the following is recommended. set of exercises for beautiful posture :
- Exercise - a wave. The child should sit on his stomach, on the floor with his arms outstretched forward. After that, you need to simultaneously raise your arms and legs up, pause in this position for a few seconds and return to the original position. The number of repetitions is at least five.
- Exercise - crocodile. To perform this exercise, the child lies on his stomach, on the floor, while his arms are stretched forward and rest his palms on the floor. Then you need to slowly raise your head, sagging in the lumbar region and not taking your hands off the floor. After that, return to the original position and relax the body. The number of repetitions is at least five.
- It is necessary to lie on the stomach, and to place the upper limbs perpendicular to the body, i.e. To the sides. From such a position, it is necessary to lift the body, bending in the thoracic spine and stretch upwards, then return to the original position. There should be five reps.
- In the prone position, you need to bend the arms at the elbow joints, and on the shoulder blades it is necessary to hold the gymnastic stick. Next you need to raise the body so that it is bent through the gymnastic stick, then return to the original position. The number of repetitions is five.
- Lying on your stomach, place your hands in the belt. It is necessary to lift the body upwards and the left foot on the inhale, after that - return to the initial position on the exhale. Then the exercise should be done with raising the right leg.
- You must lie on your back and put your hands perpendicular to the body. After, raise the upper limbs up and forward with simultaneous raising of the left leg, so as to touch the arm, then do the exercise with the right leg.
- Exercise - a bicycle. To perform it, one should lie on the back and make movements on the lower limbs similar to riding a bicycle from five to ten rotations. Next, we lower the lower limbs to rest for a few seconds and continue the exercise the same time.
- It is necessary to lie on your back on a plane with a slope, while taking up its side surface with your hands. Then bend the lower limbs in the knee joints, pull up to the stomach and make exhalation. Then straighten the lower limbs and take a breath.
- While standing, it is necessary to hold the gymnastic stick with your hands in the area of the shoulder blades. Next, you need to tilt the torso forward, lift the upper limbs up with the removal of the stick. After - return to the original position.
- In a standing position with a lowered gymnastic stick in hands, it is necessary to lift the stick forward and upward on the exhale, after - return to the initial position while inhaling.
- In a standing position with a lowered gymnastic stick in your hands, you need to sit down and raise your hands with a stick, then return to your original position. The back should remain straightened.
- The initial position is standing with legs apart, shoulder-width apart, arms bent at the elbow joints, while on the shoulders. Next you need to tilt the torso forward on the exhale and return to the original position on the inhale. The back should be straight.
- In a standing position, place your hands on your belt. After that, arms bent at the elbow joints turn forward while inhaling and return to the original position as you exhale.
These exercises are recommended for daily classes in the morning or evening, depending on the activity of the child. The number of repetitions of exercises should be from five to ten, you need to start small - with five repetitions, with a gradual increase. Classes should be started one hour after eating or before it.
The presented set of exercises is used more for preventive purposes, because it is better to prevent the disease than to treat it. Also for the same purpose, annual visits to a pediatric orthopedist are recommended. For the correct formation of posture is also useful:
- small physical exercises for ten to fifteen minutes, every hour - one and a half.
Ideally, the formation of correct posture should be monitored not only by parents, but also by kindergarten teachers, and school teachers.
Exercises in curvature of posture (scoliosis) for children
Let's see what scoliotic posture is and how does it differ from scoliosis? The medical definition of scoliotic posture is to the side of the spinal column (frontal plane). This pathology can be easily seen. But the difference from scoliosis is that the asymmetry, irregularities and curvature of the vertebra disappear if the person leans forward or falls. For an accurate diagnosis, the child will need to have a lateral radiograph of the spine. Then - after receiving the diagnosis - taking into account the advice of the doctor, you need to treat the child using an integrated approach. And exercises for scoliotic posture for children will be very useful. You can also connect an orthopedic corset to the exercises (as indicated by the doctor), control how your child sits and stands and work with him to eliminate bad habits. You may be advised to engage in special centers with professional instructors.
Scoliotic posture is the forerunner of scoliosis. These two pathologies are similar - and with scoliotic posture and with scoliosis there is a curvature of the spine, the shoulder blades and shoulders are not symmetrically located, asymmetry is also observed in the waist area. The position of the pelvis, as a rule, can be even.
Exercises for scoliotic posture in children are able to stop the deformation of the spine and make the posture more correct, while the muscles of the body become stronger there is no muscle imbalance.
Exercises with curvature of posture (scoliosis) for children should be performed daily, with a gradual increase in the load and include the following complex:
- In the standing position - the lower limbs are located at the width of the shoulders, and the hands on the belt. At the expense of one or two, you must tilt the body forward, down and touch the floor with your fingers on the exhale, then at the expense of three or four, return to the original position and inhale. The number of repetitions - at least seven.
- In a standing position, hands should be positioned behind the head, the back should be straight, to carry out circular movements of the body. In the position of the body behind we inhale, in front - exhale. Repetitions must be at least seven.
- In a standing position, position the arms perpendicular to the body and rotate the body to the right, return to the original position, and then make a turn to the left. Repeat the exercise should be six to ten times.
- In a standing position with the hands on the sides, turn the head to the right and left. The number of repetitions exercise is not less than six.
- From the standing position, with the arms on the sides, to exercise the body as deeply as possible - right to inhale - initial position - left to exhale. The exercise is repeated six to ten times.
- Standing with shoulder-width apart legs, you need to hold a gymnastic stick at the level of the shoulder blades behind your back and tilt your body forward, return to your original position while inhaling and make a slight tilt of your body back as you exhale. Repeat the exercise should be at least six times.
- In a kneeling position, hands rest on the floor with the palms, while inhaling, it is necessary to lift the head and look upwards, after which the head should be lowered and on the exhale bend the back. The number of repetitions is six to ten times.
- In the supine position, the feet should be secured, and in the hands should hold a weight of approximately two to two and a half kilograms (for example, a bag of sand, dumbbells). While inhaling, you need to bend and raise your arms with a load, then exhale and return to the starting position. Exercise is performed at least six times.
- It is necessary to sit on the floor and lean your palms on the floor behind your back, after which, while inhaling, simultaneously raise the lower and upper limbs by forty-five degrees, then, as you exhale, return to the original position. The number of repetitions is six to ten times.
- Standing with legs apart at shoulder width, it is necessary to hold the expander in the hands behind the nape, then at the expense of one or two to part the arms to the sides and to bend in the chest taking a breath. Then, at the expense of three or four, return to the original position and breathe out. Exercise repeated six to ten times.
- Placing the palms of the hands on the surface of the forehead, you must tilt your head forward to overcome the resistance from the hands and hold your breath. Then return to the original position, inhale and exhale. The exercise is repeated four times, with a break of no more than ten seconds, the muscle tension during the exercise should be four seconds.
- Standing with hands on the occipital surface, it is necessary to move the head back, overcoming the resistance of the hands. Next, you need to gently lower your hands and breathe in and out. This exercise is also performed four times, with a break of ten seconds, with muscle tension for four seconds.
- Standing with lower limbs at shoulder width, it is necessary to tilt the body forward and shake with relaxed hands, then return to the original position. The number of repetitions is not less than seven.
- It is necessary to lie on your back in the form of a star, i.e. Arrange the upper and lower limbs, relax all muscles for fifteen seconds.
- Exercise in which walking with periodic toes is necessary. It can be supplemented by simultaneous raising hands up. Repeat at least four to five times.
The above-described complex is recommended to be performed one hour after either before taking a meal, in the morning or in the evening. This set of exercises is an auxiliary component of the complex treatment of spinal curvatures (scoliosis), which is prescribed, monitored and corrected by the pediatric orthopedist during the entire treatment process.
We hope that the article is useful to you and you will help correct your child’s posture. The main thing - to prevent a persistent deterioration. All in your hands. And you should not let them down.
, , ,