It is absolutely clear that the treatment of white language in a newborn depends primarily on etiology. If the herpetic stomatitis is accurately diagnosed, the treatment should consist in the use of antiviral agents. Fungal infection requires the appointment of antifungal agents. In addition, they use local therapy.
If the problems of white plaque in the language are caused by artificial feeding, then it is probably necessary to change the mixture, especially if the baby also regurgitates. In this case, add an antireflux mixture (NAN antireflux) to the daily ration and give it to the child in a small amount, for example 30 grams at the beginning of the feeding. Then you need to give the bulk of the usual mixture. Also, it is advisable for children to give sour-milk products and mixtures that are close to women's milk - "AGU-1", "Malyutka", for older children - "Acidolact", "Narine", "Lactobacterin", "Vita", "Bifidokefir". After such a correction of nutrition, problems should disappear if they are caused by food.
Treatment of diseases of the oral cavity requires the appointment of medications.
In herpetic lesions of the mucous membrane, antiviral agents are prescribed. The mucous membrane is treated with antiviral ointments, which include oxolin and tebrofen ointment, and also apply leukocyte interferon applications. For the purpose of anesthesia, ulcers are treated with a 5% anesthetic solution. For better regeneration of the mucosa appoint applications with a solution of vitamin A, sea-buckthorn, aloe, and also with a solution of lidocaine, solcoseryl.
- Acyclovir is a drug that has a direct antiviral effect against the herpes simplex virus and other herpetic infections. It acts by inhibiting the introduction of the virus into the cell and its multiplication. For children, the drug can be used in the form of tablets. Dosage is calculated at 20 milligrams per kilogram of the child's body weight. This dosage should be divided into four doses at equal intervals. Treatment usually lasts five days. Admission of such a drug inside for newborns with herpetic stomatitis is limited to those cases when the child has an immunodeficiency. If viral stomatitis in a child with normal immune status, then the local application of the drug is recommended. To do this, one tablet is divided into four parts and finely grinded. After dissolving the tablet in boiled water, it is necessary, if possible, to be applied to the mucous membrane of the oral cavity. Do this procedure five times a day. But you need to consider that there may be additional traumatization. Side effects of the drug in systemic application can be in the form of fever, tremor, vomiting, diarrhea, allergic rashes.
If the child developed candidal stomatitis, which caused the formation of a white coating on the tongue, then in the first place it is necessary to treat concomitant diseases. If a child takes antibiotics, then it is worth considering the duration of their use. For newborns, it is mandatory to take antibiotics together with probiotics. If this condition is not adhered to, then it is necessary to prescribe a probiotic. A solution of methylene blue or solutions of B and C vitamins can treat affected areas. If the mother is breastfeeding and developed a candidal lesion of the tongue, then in the diet of the mother, it is necessary to limit digestible carbohydrates. The use of antifungal drugs is considered mandatory by topical application.
- Pimafucin is an antifungal drug that is used to treat lesions of the tongue and mucous fungal etiology. The active substance of this drug is natamycin, which is an antibiotic of a wide spectrum of activity, including against pathogenic fungi. A medicine is used to treat candidal lesions in the form of local remedies. To do this, you need to divide the tablet 100 milligrams into 4 parts and lubricate the baby's mouth. Side effects are rare due to topical application. Precautions - do not use the drug for systemic use in newborns.
- Clotrimazole is a broad-spectrum drug. It is prescribed for lesions of the tongue and mucous membranes caused by different kinds of fungi, as well as candidiasis mucosa with secondary infection. In small concentrations, clotrimazole has a fungistatic effect, in large concentrations fungicidal, not only on proliferating cells. The method of application is the same - the tablet needs to be rubbed and applied to the affected areas 2-3 times a day and gently rubbed. Single dose should not be more than a quarter of the tablet. Before applying the drug and after that you need to rinse with warm boiled water by the mouth of the child.
- Probiotics as an adjuvant can be used in the treatment of white raids in the tongue, as this disrupts the useful microflora that needs to be restored. The mechanism of this phenomenon is complex, contributes to the renewal of the level of useful flora that displaces pathogenic fungi, bacteria or viruses from the oral cavity. Bifido- and lactobacilli show antagonistic activity against a wide range of pathogenic and conditionally pathogenic microorganisms. The settlement of bifido- flora ensures normalization of the activity of the gastrointestinal tract, improves the metabolic processes, prevents the development of protracted forms of infection, increases the nonspecific resistance of the organism. They have the properties to suppress the growth of pathogenic bacteria by synthesizing antibacterial substances. However, this property is largely realized due to the production of lactic and acetic acid, which reduces the pH of saliva. In the treatment of raids in the language of infectious etiology, dried or lyophilized monocultures of microbes or a mixture of 2-4 species of bacteria can be used.
Hilak Fort is a probiotic that contains the products of the vital activity of lactobacilli. This drug, getting into the intestines of the baby, immediately begins to work at the expense of the prebiotic. It inhibits the multiplication of pathogenic bacteria and prevents their further growth. This inhibits the growth of bacteria, fungi, viruses and in the oral cavity. Method of use in newborns in the form of drops - the first few days of illness take three times a day for 20 to 60 drops. Prophylactic reception can continue for another two weeks.
Linex is a probiotic, which includes 2 kinds of live anaerobic bacteria (Bifidobacterinum infants, Lactobacillis acidophillus) and one aerobic strain (Streptococcus teacium). Due to this composition Linex well regulates the physiological balance of the microflora at all levels - the oral cavity, the small and large intestines, produces lactic, acetic and propionic acids, promotes the enzymatic digestion of proteins and carbohydrates, and the absorption of electrolytes of the intestine. Thus, it prevents the adhesion of bacteria and fungi to the epithelium of the mouth and tongue, improves the absorption function of the intestine. It is prescribed for 1-2 sachets 3 times a day, diluting the powder in water for 3-4 weeks. Lineks is resistant to the action of antibiotics of penicillin, lincomycin, aminoglycoside, tetracycline, and sulfanilamides, which allows using it for antibacterial therapy with these drugs.
Alternative methods of treating the white tongue are used very often, since the problem is common and has been known for a long time. How to clean a newborn's language from a white raid? The best known methods are the use of baking soda.
- To make a soda solution, take 2 grams of soda, which is half a teaspoon, and add 250 milliliters of water. Water should be well boiled, and then it is necessary to stir well this solution. After careful hand hygiene, the mother should wrap a sterile bandage on her index finger and moisten it in a soda solution. With this solution, you need to wipe the tongue of the baby gently without any additional effort to not damage the mucous membrane. Repeat the procedure four times a day for several days.
- It is very effective in caring for the mouth of a newborn when a white plaque appears in the tongue of candida-solution. This is a special solution that can be used to treat such a pathology, containing an antifungal agent. You can buy it at the pharmacy. Apply the same way - moistening the bandage in this solution and rubbing the mucous membrane several times a day.
- Very important is the fact that a white coating on the tongue is formed after the baby is fed and left with food left in his mouth. Milk is a breeding ground for many bacteria and fungi, so in the future a simple plaque in the language after eating can become a stomatitis. To avoid this in the treatment it is very important after each feeding to give the baby a little boiled water. It rinses off the rest of the food and eliminates the problem very quickly, like a kind of mouth rinse.
- Honey has many useful properties, including a pronounced antibacterial property. To use at home, you need to make a teaspoon of honey in 100 grams of boiled water and wipe the baby's mucous. But you need to use honey carefully, because it is a very allergenic product.
Treatment with herbs is used to antiseptic the oral cavity, which quickly allows you to see the result.
- The medicine from the infusion of chamomile and calendula flowers also has antiseptic properties and promotes the healing of wounds, especially when forming ulcers on the mucous membrane. To prepare the infusion, you need to take 50 grams of chamomile and the same number of flowers of calendula, add 250 milliliters of water. After the solution is infused for two hours, it is necessary to wash the mucous membrane or wipe with a bandage.
- It is very useful to give the child tea from a dogrose, because it has pronounced antitoxic properties. To do this, take ten rose hips on a liter of water and make a tincture. Give the child you need half the teaspoon twice a day.
- To wipe the oral mucosa and tongue, you can also use sage. To prepare medicinal tinctures, you need to take forty grams of grass and pour hot water. After insisting half an hour - you need to wash the mucosa every three hours.
Homeopathy in an acute period is used very rarely. If the child has recurrent mucosal problems that indicate a chronic infection, then some homeopathic remedies are used.