Paraffin mask for the face: what is the secret
From a medical point of view, the paraffin mask for the face has a thermal effect, similar to a hot compress: the blood flow to the epidermal cells is increased and thus the metabolic processes that take place in them are stimulated. Professional cosmetologists refer paraffin masks to dry thermal procedures that expand the pores and help them cleanse, as well as increase the absorbent capacity of the skin.
There is no chemical effect on the paraffin applied to the face. But the mechanical effect has: with a sufficiently long cooling, paraffin again acquires a crystalline structure and, due to this, the physical volume of its mass decreases. An impenetrable layer of paraffin, softly squeezing collagen fibers of the epidermis, tightens and smoothes it, that is, due to occlusion it gives a lifting effect.
Face masks using paraffin are a good way to clean the oily and moisturizing of dry skin (since the paraffin layer retains moisture), to reduce the expression of mimic wrinkles on the forehead and in the area of nasolabial folds. And due to the improvement of blood circulation help with scars formed on the site of acne.
It should be borne in mind that paraffin masks have contraindications: they can not be done in the presence of any damage to the skin, with acne in the stage of suppuration of acne, with rosacea (rosacea), with pronounced couperose or active growth of facial hair. This cosmetic procedure is not recommended for high blood pressure, bronchial asthma, polyps in the maxillary cavity, nosebleeds and problems with the thyroid gland.
Recipes of paraffin masks at home
To make these useful masks, you need a medical highly purified paraffin (the one from which the candles are made is not suitable), and it can be found in pharmacies, marking is P-1.
Paraffin refers to chemically inactive substances, in a molten form it does not mix with water, alcohols, alkalis and acids, only oils can be added to it.
Turning pieces of paraffin into a viscous liquid should be done only in a water bath, while not a single drop of water should enter the melted composition! The same dry skin should be before the mask is applied; while the oily skin can be previously treated with 2% salicylic spirits or alcohol tincture of calendula (and let the skin completely dry), and with a dry type of skin or flabbiness, it is recommended to lubricate the face with a small amount of olive oil.
Paraffin mask for the face can be applied in two ways: with a brush or with the help of tampons - directly on the skin (along massage lines), as well as a brush over the face of the single layer of gauze (with holes for the mouth, nose and eyes). The layers of paraffin should be at least three, and each new layer is recommended to be applied from the bottom up, that is, starting with the chin.
Recipes of paraffin masks at home suggest simply adding to the melted paraffin 5-10 drops of essential oils such as:
- seed carrots - increases the tone of the fading skin;
- incense - has an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect with a tendency to acne; reduces skin pores, helps protect skin from adverse external influences and stimulates the growth of new epithelial cells;
- geraniums - helps regulate the secretion of sebum, reduces acne; improves the elasticity of the skin and reduces the intensity of wrinkles;
- lavender - helps regenerate the cells of the epidermis, ideal for mature skin with age spots;
- lemon - an excellent antibacterial and astringent for oily skin with enlarged pores;
- Myrrh - has strong anti-inflammatory properties, helps to improve the tone and elasticity of the skin, reduce the appearance of fine wrinkles;
- neroli - is considered the most effective in caring for oily, sensitive and mature skin; helps to smooth out wrinkles, narrow pores and raise the epidermis turgor;
- patchouli - for those over 40, as it promotes the growth of new cells and smoothes wrinkles;
- roses - most suitable for dry and fading skin, helps to improve the texture of the skin and improve its tone;
- Tea tree due to strong antibacterial properties is known as a good remedy against acne;
- ylang-ylang - this oil is useful for all skin types; it helps to control the secretion of sebum, helps regenerate skin cells, increase its elasticity and smooth wrinkles.
The time of aging of the paraffin mask on the face is an average of 20 minutes (until complete cooling); at this time it is recommended to occupy a horizontal position and not talk, so that the facial muscles of the face are relaxed. Wellness course - two masks per week for a month.
Paraffin mask for hands and feet
The effectiveness of such a procedure, as paraffin mask for hands, is recognized by masters of manicure all over the world. In how much the skin on hands and cuticles become softer, you can see for yourself, without leaving home. It is enough to have purified paraffin and half an hour of free time.
Prepare a pair of disposable p / e gloves, as well as a pair of ordinary mittens, you can use the kitchen mitts-tack welds. Paraffin should be melt (as it is done, mentioned above), hands should be thoroughly washed (removing the rings), wipe dry, and then grease them with olive or refined sunflower oil.
For a few seconds, immerse the hand of one hand (to the wrist) in a slightly cooled paraffin (temperature about + 40-42 ° C), take out for 8-10 seconds, and then re-immersed in paraffin. After the third layer is allowed to dry a little, put on the hand a polyethylene glove, and over heat with a mitten or a mitten-stitch. Similar actions are performed for the second hand.
At least a quarter of an hour you can remove and clean the frozen paraffin, after which it is useful to lubricate the hands with a nutritious cream.
The paraffin mask for the legs is done in the same way, but instead of gloves you will have to use thin p / e packages, and warm the feet with woolen socks. Such masks are especially useful in the presence of calluses and over-dried rough skin on the heels. To enhance the softening of the keratinized skin in the melted paraffin, a few drops of the vitamin A oil solution (retinol acetate) or peach seed oil are usually added.
But the paraffin mask for hair, in fact, is a paraffin application on the local skin zone of the scalp; it is done only in cases of focal hair loss - nest alopecia.