For normal physical development of the child, special exercises are needed to strengthen the back. Consider the popular complexes and features of their implementation.
Physical activity is a pledge of normal growth and development of any organism. Physical culture carries not only therapeutic and preventive functions, but also educational ones. The child learns the world around him, acquires certain hygienic skills. Exercises to strengthen the back for children are necessary for the correct formation of the musculoskeletal system, strengthening the spine and back muscles, eliminating the asymmetry of posture and for the prevention of scoliosis.
The structure of the children's skeleton is specific, so normal posture is formed during the growth of the baby with the help of physical exercises. Perform exercises to strengthen the back can be from 6 months of age.
During exercise, such muscles are involved:
- Trapezoid - starts from the back of the neck, is located in the upper back, responsible for the inclination of the head and the displacement of the blades.
- The widest - located in the lower back, grabs the side of the chest. Responsible for lowering the raised arms and approaching the trunk to the limbs.
- The muscle responsible for straightening the spine. It is located along the spinal column.
Since each child is different in his development, before the training it is worth to turn to a pediatrician or a children's physiotherapist, which will help determine the degree of readiness for physical exertion. To determine the development of musculature, it is necessary to conduct such a test: put the babe on the stomach, holding hands in the waist, and slightly lift. If the musculature of the back is developed normally, the child keeps the canopy, taking the pose of "swallow". If the kid does not keep his body on weight and does not strain the dorsal muscles, then special exercises should be conducted. This test should be repeated periodically to monitor the effectiveness of gymnastics.
To determine the level of development of muscles in older children, it is necessary to carry out such an exercise: let the child stand up straight and stretch out his arms. Observe how much the baby can stand in this position. If it costs more than 30 seconds, then the posture is correct and the muscular corset is developed normally. If less than 30 seconds, the posture is weakened and requires correction.
Regular exercises allow not only to strengthen the muscles of the back, but also have a beneficial effect on the whole body as a whole. Physical loads contribute to strengthening the cardiovascular system, improve blood circulation, breathing. In infants they develop motor skills, regulate the processes of nervous excitation and inhibition.
Exercises for a child 6-9 months.
- First, prepare the child, take it in your arms, turn it with your back to yourself, with your hands in the area of the legs and pelvis. Together with the baby, lean forward slowly and return to the starting position. This will teach the child to keep the back of the canopy. Repeat the exercise 5-7 times.
- Take the gym ball and put the child's back up on it. Hold the baby in the armpit and shake it on the ball back and forth. The child should bend his back in the form of a boat, lingering in this position for 3-5 seconds. Do this 5-8 times.
- If the child does well with the previous exercise, then it can be complicated. Hold it by the hips and roll the ball away from yourself - to yourself. Linger in each position for a couple of seconds, so that the baby bends his back.
In addition to exercise, infants are shown a massage. As a rule, it is recommended to hold it when the child begins to learn how to sit. It helps to prepare the spine for future loads. Massage consists of stroking movements, rubbing and kneading.
- Put the baby on your tummy and perform slow stroking movements with your hands along the spine up and down. Repeat 5-7 times.
- Rubbing movements with the help of pads of fingers, walk up the spine and down. Do 3-5 repetitions.
- With gentle kneading fingers, walk along the spine and along the sides along the intercostal vertebrae. Massage requires only the lateral muscles of the back from the bottom up. Do 3-5 repetitions and complete the exercises with strokes.
From about three years old the child begins to sit actively at the table, so parents need to seriously think about strengthening his spinal muscles and forming a correct posture. It is better to have health gymnastics after consulting a doctor. It is also recommended to gradually increase the load and systematically perform the exercises. Training should be conducted at all stages of physical and physiological development, preparing the young organism for new loads.