Properties of B2
This vitamin belongs to a large group of flavins. It is colored yellow due to the yellow pigment, which is a part of vitamin B2. This vitamin is destroyed when bright daylight shines on it, then vitamin B2 almost does not remain. But when cooking it does not lose its useful properties, almost does not collapse.
Vitamin B2 is one of the few vitamins that are synthesized by the human body, in particular, its small intestine. Its daily dose is from 1.5 to 2.5 mg.
The need for vitamin B2 increases when a person works a lot physically or when the mother is breastfeeding, as well as with chronic stress.
How best to take vitamin B2?
Vitamin B2 is well absorbed from green vegetables, but they need to be cooked so that riboflavin is easily digestible.
Vitamin B2 is digested much better when a person ate. On a full stomach vitamin B2 or preparations with it are absorbed in 2-3 times better, than on an empty stomach. Therefore, it is best to take vitamin B2 after eating or during it.
The effect of vitamin B2 on the body
Riboflavin, or vitamin B2, controls the formation of erythrocytes - blood cells, and the synthesis of certain sex hormones, as well as thyroid hormones. Thanks to vitamin B2, a person can significantly improve vision, because this micronutrient protects the retina from bright sun rays, as well as artificial, ultraviolet.
Thanks to vitamin B2, a person can see well at dusk, this vitamin helps the eye to adapt when light worsens. Riboflavin in the right doses can improve visual acuity, as well as improve the perception of colors and their shades.
Thanks to vitamin B2 the body undergoes important processes of protein metabolism, as well as the breakdown of proteins, carbohydrates and fats. That is, all the food we eat.
Riboflavin is a part of more than ten biologically active enzymes.
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) should be consumed by people who have suffered serious injuries and stresses - this element strengthens the nervous system, helps restore bone and muscle tissues, affects their growth.
Thanks to riboflavin (vitamin B2), the skin becomes smoother and healthier, nails do not loosen, hair grows better. The nervous system also needs vitamin B2.
For pregnant women, this micronutrient is necessary: it ensures normal fetal bearing, helps the baby grow inside the mother, affects all the vital processes of the pregnant woman's body.
The combination of vitamin B2
This vitamin helps to provide good eyesight in combination with vitamin A, contributes to a more pronounced effect on the body of vitamins B6, PP, and folic acid. With the active participation of vitamin B2 all these elements more powerfully affect the development of the body.
Symptoms of vitamin B2 deficiency
- The skin is flaky not only on the hands, but also on the lips, in the nasolabial folds, on the nose and even on the ears
- There are microcracks near the mouth, as well as herpes in the corners of the lips (so-called zaedy, as they say in the people)
- Dryness of pupils, sensation of sand, poured into the eyes
- Strong itching in the eyes, eyelids, eyes, the eyes become red, tears can involuntarily roll from the eyes
- The tongue becomes swollen, red in color, rough
- Wounds heal more slowly than usual, the skin does not want to fuse, it fester
- A person has photophobia
- Character changes, there is excessive phlegmatic or, on the contrary, irritability, depressiveness, low self-esteem
If vitamin B2 is not enough for a long time, the upper lip can tell about it, which decreases in size. In combination with flaky skin of the face (especially in the area around the mouth) this sign clearly indicates a lack of vitamin B2 in the diet.
When vitamin B2 in the body is not enough, the functions of the stomach and intestines can be disturbed, the food is poorly absorbed and absorbed. Especially poorly digested protein products.
If a person has had flu, colds or other infectious diseases, increased amounts of vitamin B2 are needed, because the body's consumption in the body is significantly increased.
Vitamin B2 needs much more if a person is diagnosed with thyroid disease, cancerous tumors, and also if the patient suffers from a fever.
Storage of vitamin B2
It is poorly preserved during thermal and heat treatment. Destroyed during cooking by about 40%. When boiling in boiling water and processing at high temperatures, vitamin B2 may not break down very quickly, but it is very poorly preserved in bright light and in contact with alkali.
Natural sources of vitamin B2
- The most vitamin B2 in cedar nuts is 88.05 mg
- Almonds are also good as a source of vitamin B2 - in almonds it is 0.65 mg
- Champignons slightly lag behind almonds in terms of vitamin B2 content - 0.45 mg
- Mackerel - a good source of B2 - in it this vitamin contains 0.36 mg
- In the liver, more than 2.2 mg of vitamin B2
- In the goose meat, 0.23 mg of vitamin B2
- In spinach, 0.25 mg of vitamin B2
- In hen eggs - 0, 44 mg of vitamin B2.
If you eat foods rich in vitamin B2, the human nervous system will be normal, and the eyesight and condition of hair, nails and skin will stay on high.