Can I drink kefir with pancreatitis?
Pancreatitis requires special nutrition, this is one of the components of treatment. You can start eating solid food one to two days after an episode of acute pancreatitis, but doctors recommend starting with a meal that is easily digested and low in fat. 
In order to correctly answer patients asking if it is possible to drink kefir with pancreatitis, an analysis should be carried out for compliance with dietary principles. Looking ahead, it can be argued that kefir with pancreatitis is needed, but not any, but that meets several criteria. Pros and cons of the drink:
- The soft texture does not mechanically irritate the walls of the digestive tract.
- At room temperature it does not have any thermal irritation.
- A hot drink turns into cottage cheese with hard lumps, a cold one is also harmful.
- Fatty kefir enhances gastric secretion, which is very undesirable for inflammation.
- There is also a strong drink that forms on the third day; and weak is understood as a fresh product (one-day).
Summing up, you can choose the right option: weak, non-greasy room temperature. Fat-free home-made yogurt is allowed. Such a product normalizes digestion, stimulates metabolism, synthesizes vitamins and proteins. Drink 200 ml - in the evening, shortly before bedtime, or use in salads - vegetable and fruit.
In the acute stage, kefir is contraindicated; upon exiting it, it is gradually included in the diet, starting from 50 ml. Increase portion depending on well-being; It is important to wait for a steady absence of pain in the area of localization of the pancreas.
You can not drink the product with high acidity and the presence of diarrhea. And it’s understandable why: even in a fresh drink there is acidity, and it also has a laxative effect. Both that, and another superfluous in this case.
Kefir in acute pancreatitis
Sour milk product is a supplier of valuable components. Kefir with pancreatitis is a source of animal protein, which is needed for the daily work of the pancreas.
In the acute stage, the first 2 days the patient is prescribed a starvation diet, with drinking water and rosehip tea. Then prescribe a special gentle diet.
- In acute pancreatitis, kefir is included in the patient’s menu about a week and a half after the attack.
The drink should be with minimal fat, room temperature. Dose - 50ml (1/4 cup). If the drink is well tolerated by the body, and the patient's condition is confidently improving, the amount is increased and brought to 200 ml. Daily supplement - up to 15ml.
- Why is this seemingly 100 percent dietary product not prescribed at the beginning of the acute form and during the exacerbation of the chronic?
Gastroenterologists explain that in the inflamed state, the channels and ducts of the glandular organ are clogged, because of which the enzymes do not exit, but accumulate inside. This leads to his death. And since kefir promotes the production of enzymes, then inflammation and all the dangerous consequences associated with this are further enhanced.
It is more useful to use kefir in the evening, 30-60 minutes before bed, and this also has a logical explanation:
- serves a light dinner;
- prevents hunger, but does not overload digestion;
- Ca is more actively absorbed at night.
Kefir with exacerbation of pancreatitis
Pancreatitis is acute and chronic, each has a particular course, treatment, diet. This is what causes the indications or contraindications of kefir for pancreatitis. One thing is certain: the pancreas is keenly responsive to inappropriate nutrition - pain, frustration, discomfort.
- The main thing in the nutrition system is not to provoke bouts of illness. There are especially many restrictions at first: fats, fiber, sugar, fried are excluded.
Tasty, but harmful products will have to be forgotten for a long time, perhaps forever. Then the diet expands, but the principles of proper nutrition for a person with pancreatic problems should become an everyday rule. The consumption of protein products increases, multivitamins are included.
- Low-fat kefir with exacerbation of pancreatitis is prescribed to the extent that the process subsides.
At the peak of development, a hungry diet is recommended, and then a gradual introduction of food, with an even distribution of calories and load throughout the day. Fractional nutrition, up to six times. The more carefully the diet is followed, the sooner recovery will come.
Low-fat kefir is served for a second breakfast, after the main course (cereal, steam cutlets, omelet), several times a week. Or for a future dream, like a daily light dinner.
Use a fresh weak drink, with a minimum of fat, without preservatives or other additives. They do not keep it in the refrigerator so that the temperature is comfortable for digestion. With daily use, the portion is gradually increased: start with 50 g, add 10, and eventually bring to 200 g of glass.
Kefir with pancreatitis and cholecystitis
A healthy pancreas secretes digestive juice, which breaks down the food components in the duodenum 12 into simple compounds that are absorbed by the small intestine. The body also produces insulin and lipokine, which are necessary for carbohydrate metabolism and prevent liver degeneration.
- Among the causes of inflammation of the gland in the first places - an excess of fatty foods in the diet and alcohol abuse. Kefir with pancreatitis is included in the diet according to a special technique, depending on the stage of the pathological process.
Bile is a natural emulsifier used to break down lipids. It divides the whole fat film into separate drops to speed up the digestion and absorption of fats. It is produced in the liver, and accumulates in a special bladder that has a conclusion to the 12 duodenal ulcer. With problems that arise in this debugged system, the bladder becomes inflamed and cholecystitis develops. Contributes to this junk food with a predominance of fatty foods.
- Both organs are often inflamed at the same time; a special component of therapy in this case is diet No. 5, which serves to facilitate the digestion of food.
Kefir with pancreatitis and cholecystitis is necessary for therapeutic nutrition. As with pancreatitis, it normalizes the microflora, enriches with animal proteins, vitamins, trace elements, improves the digestive system and the general condition of the patient.