The first assumption that sitting on onion diet, you need to eat only this vegetable, wrong. The essence of the diet is that its main dish is onion soup several times a day, but apart from it you can eat other dietary products. The soup itself is very nutritious, has a pleasant taste, so for lovers of onions it is not difficult to "get hooked" on it. In addition, such a diet does not doom to starvation and, if not neglect the rules, it makes it possible to get rid of 2-3 kilograms in a few days.
Onion diet for 7 days
Onion diet is designed for 7 days. What you can not eat? Its requirements prohibit fatty foods, alcohol, flour products, sugar, carbonated drinks, sauces, mayonnaise and other high-carb products. The key product is an onion soup, and its consumption is allowed at any time when there is a feeling of hunger. Obligatory drinking is abundant, including tea and coffee without sugar. What else can you eat? Vegetables, fruits, chicken, fish, lean beef, milk are allowed.
Menu for a week onion diet
We suggest to take as a basis an approximate menu for a week of onion diet, which assumes a serving of soup 3-4 times each day, and in addition to it:
- Monday: some fruits, except bananas and grapes;
- Tuesday: raw vegetables, suitable stewed or baked, on the grill;
- Wednesday: vegetables and fruits in small portions;
- Thursday: vegetables, fruits, 250g low-fat milk, a pair of bananas;
- Friday: a piece of boiled meat, you can fish, but not more than 0.5kg per day;
- Saturday: boiled beef, fresh cucumber and sweet pepper (unlimited vegetables), greens (parsley, dill, salad);
- Sunday: a portion of boiled wild rice, vegetables, fruit juice.
The food regime of the first four days should be constructed as follows: breakfast, lunch and dinner should be soup and the fruit, vegetable or salad recommended on that day, snacks are also made with their help. Milk on Thursday afternoon snack. On Friday, a serving of soup moves from lunch to a second breakfast, it will be replaced by meat or fish. On Saturday, soup instead of dinner is eaten at noon, and in the evening only a vegetable salad. Sunday completes the diet, so you can start to relax and organize meals at your own discretion.
Onion diet recipes
If you use only one recipe to prepare the dish, then the diet on onion soup will seem boring, monotonous, uninteresting. Simple recipes allow you to saturate soups in different shades. On average, when cooking a volume for one day, you need to use 6 bulbs. You can cook vegetables:
- onion soup with celery: chop the onions, chop the cabbage, cut the tomato, a couple of bell peppers, the celery root. Pour water, cook until ready, at the end, add;
- another variation of the use of celery looks like this: the onion is cut in half, smeared with butter and baked in the oven, then sent to a pan, where the celery root is rubbed, everything is filled with water and cooked. The prepared soup is blended with a blender;
- with carrots: onions and carrots are steamed on sunflower oil, water, white cabbage, seasoning, pepper, salt, bay leaf are added to the pan. The number of ingredients, except for onions, depends on the density of the first dishes you prefer;
- French: it is more caloric and they can be pampered no more than twice a week. Onions caramelize (you have to use a little sugar for this), the spoon of flour intervenes there, strengthening the fire, pour in a little wine and a weak chicken broth. Its consistency should not be liquid. All this on fire for about 10 minutes, add salt, bring to taste.