To get rid of irritation after shaving, you can just stop shaving your hair every day. To treat pustular irritations immediately after shaving, apply to the treated area the juice from the leaves of aloe.
Also, the Healer and the Savior help well from irritation. A good remedy is also the hydrocortisone ointment, which has an anti-inflammatory effect - it is often used in medicine for purulent wounds and inflammations. It is important to remember that this remedy is a "first aid" preparation, for permanent use it is not suitable, since it can cause skin atrophy .
The irritation caused by dry shaving can be removed by cooling the skin with cold water or with dry ice. After shaving, you can spread the treated area with a moisturizer or lotion.
It is best to stop shaving for a while, although this method is not suitable for everyone. Therefore, you should use other options.
- Only shave with quality razors that have a sharp and clean blade.
- Disposable machines are best used no more than 3 times. If possible, alternate the use of the machine and electric shaver.
- Using an electric shaver, remember - it can only be used on dry skin.
- Before you start shaving, you need to soften the skin area being treated.
- Use a cream or gel for excessively sensitive skin, so that the glide is softer.
- The razor should be moved in the direction of hair growth or from the side, but not against it. After the procedure, the skin should be moistened with a cream.
- Keep the shaver in a dry place. Also, after the shaving procedure is completed, thoroughly wash and dry the machine. These actions will prevent the reproduction of bacteria that cause itching and skin irritation.
- Try not to shave very often - at least every other day.
If you have a constant irritation after shaving, you need to go to a consultation with a dermatologist. In some cases, under the guise of simple irritation, more serious skin problems are hidden.