So, what is a slag-free diet and why it is needed before colonoscopy, we have figured out, it remains to find out what foods can be eaten before the examination of the intestine, and which ones should be abandoned for a while.
What can you eat?
Slag-free diet allows the use of only light, low-fat products. To such it is possible to carry:
- Low-fat varieties of meat: poultry (chicken, turkey, quail and other types of meat without skins and internal fat), low-fat beef, young veal, rabbit meat. Meat dishes should be boiled or steamed.
- Low-fat varieties of sea and river fish (hake, pollock, pike perch, pike, etc.). Fish boiled or baked on the grill.
- Low-fat milk in limited quantities.
- Sour-milk products, low-fat cottage cheese, cheeses with low fat content.
- Butter, vegetable oils and fats and even a little mayonnaise (preferably home-made).
- Non-stubborn broths and soups cooked on their basis.
- White bread from wholemeal without bran and biscuit from it.
- Bake without adding poppies and nuts.
- Macaroni products from white flour.
- Semi-liquid semolina porridge.
- Chicken or quail eggs (preferably soft-boiled or in the form of a steam omelet).
- Vegetable broths and vegetables (boiled, baked without skin), except white cabbage, which contains hard fibers in any treatment
- Lean (biscuit) biscuits, crackers.
- Natural green or weak black tea is better without sugar.
- Fruit juice, except for plum juice and grapes (you can drink juices only in a diluted form and without pulp).
- Mousse and soufflé from fruits.
- Compote or jelly from fruits or dried fruits (clear without a dense fruit mass).
- Coffee (not necessarily strong).
- Mineral still or purified drinking water.
- Natural sweets without additives and dyes: sugar, honey, syrups, jelly from fruit juice (preferably on pectin).
What can not be?
Prohibited products with a slag-free diet are those that increase the total volume of stool and cause the formation of gases in the intestine:
- Fatty meat (fat beef, pork, duck, lamb, etc.).
- Oily fish (herring, sprat, carp, crucian carp, etc.).
- Black bread (especially with the addition of rye flour).
- Bread with bran.
- Whole grains and cereals (except for semolina).
- Dishes and pastries, which contain crushed grain, poppies, nuts, coconut shavings and other indigestible additives.
- Vegetables in fresh, dried and fried form, various root vegetables.
- Fresh fruits and berries, especially those that have small bones.
- Any fresh greens.
- Dishes from white cabbage, including borsch, salads, cabbage soup.
- Soups cooked on milk.
- Dishes from whole milk.
- Sausage, sausages and sausages, smoked meat, salted hard fat.
- Any salting and conservation.
- Mushrooms in any form.
- Sea kale in Korean or pickled.
- Spicy condiments and sauces.
- Any kinds of alcoholic beverages, including beer.
- Mineral and especially sweet water with gas.
- All types of beans: beans, peas, beans, soybeans, etc.
- Seeds and any nuts, flax seed.
- Fast food.
- Sweets, cakes, chocolate, rahat-lukum and other sweets, not included in the list of allowed.
Products are better to boil, stew or bake. Do not eat fried foods, especially crusts on meat and vegetables. It is necessary to exclude strongly salty and spicy dishes. Old, hard and sinewy meat is better not to use, even if it is lean and is considered dietary.
As for white bread and baking, the day before the procedure, they will have to be abandoned altogether. And boiled vegetables and mashed potatoes are removed from the diet 2 days before the appointed date of the colonoscopy.
In the early days of the diet, a small amount of fresh fruit is allowed: a mashed apple, half a peach or a banana, a small piece of melon. But 2 days before the procedure of this dessert, too, will have to give up.
As for the use of water and other types of liquids, there are no special restrictions. Water can be drunk up to 2 liters, as usual. Tea should be limited to 5 cups, which is also quite familiar. But with regard to broths, it's better to be careful. A day is enough to consume up to ½ liter of vegetable or meat broth.
Slag-free diet is also sometimes called a diet consisting of transparent liquids. The matter is that broths, compotes, juices and drinks should be transparent, they do not allow the content of solid particles. Fatty and boiling broth should be excluded from the diet. On the last day of the diet all the liquid used should not have a saturated color, especially the content of various dyes in them is not allowed.
Diet menu for 3 days
As we have already figured out, it is necessary to compose a diet before colonoscopy from products with a minimum content of fiber and transparent liquids. If in connection with the problems of the gastrointestinal tract there is irregular stool and constipation, the diet will last not 5, but 5-7 days. In this case, the first few days you can not severely limit yourself in choosing dishes, but you need to drink at least 2.5 liters of water and take laxatives, which should facilitate the emptying of the intestines.
The main thing is to start a diet to remove from the diet foods and dishes containing small bones and whole grains. Refuse should also from rye bread, grapes and tomatoes, which can cause fermentation in the intestines.
3 days before the colonoscopy procedure, the diet becomes even tougher. The diet menu for 3 days is based on prohibited and allowed products.
Consider an example of this menu:
The first day
1st breakfast: spicy semolina porridge, soft coffee with milk, white bread with honey
2nd breakfast: fruit jelly and cracker
Lunch: soup with vegetables, boiled rice with a lean turkey cooked steamed
Afternoon snack: a glass of yogurt with a biscuit biscuit
Dinner: salad from boiled beets and carrots, a piece of boiled fish, green tea
1st breakfast: a white bread sandwich with low-fat cheese, a weak tea with sugar
2nd breakfast: baked apple without peel
Lunch: soup with pasta on a thin chicken broth, 1-2 eggs, rolls
Afternoon snack: cottage cheese with sugar or honey
Supper: stewed vegetables (except cabbage) with a slice of dietary boiled meat, clear light compote without pulp
1st breakfast: fruit jelly (not red), tea with honey
2nd breakfast: a glass of fruit juice
Lunch: a plate of loose meat broth, jelly, green tea with mint
Diet on the day before colonoscopy is considered to be the most stringent, since in this period it is advisable to limit oneself only to liquid transparent dishes. This may be a weak black or green tea, clear compotes without pulp, mineral water without gas, clear fruit juices (not red), jelly, light lean meat and vegetable broths.
Such food does not contribute to the formation of stool, and therefore nothing will interfere with the examination of the intestine. But even if for some reason a person could not refrain from eating semi-liquid or thick food from the allowed products, it's okay, because in the evening of this day and the morning before the procedure the intestine will still need to be cleared with enema or special preparations. If a person with difficulty suffers a slag-free diet and constantly wants to eat, then you can make small snacks with a biscuit biscuit, which is easy to digest.
To help the intestines get rid of food leftovers on the day before colonoscopy, you can drink 3 liters of salted water within 2-3 hours, which will work like a cleansing enema.
Diet before colonoscopy in combination with Fortrans
People who are negative about cleaning the bowels with an enema (it's clear that the procedure is not pleasant, and Esmarch's circle, the most suitable in this case is not available to everyone), you can advise using such medicines as "Fortrans" and " Dufalac. "
Diet before colonoscopy with "Fortrans" is an ideal and relatively comfortable way to prepare for the procedure of endoscopic examination of the intestine. True, this method is suitable only for adults and adolescents over 15 years.
The packet of the drug is calculated for 1 liter of water, in turn, 1 liter of the solution is used for every 15-20 kg of weight. It turns out that with a body weight of 50-60 kg, 3 packets of the drug are needed, diluted in 3 liters of water, and at a weight of more than 100 kg - 5 or more bags that need to be diluted in the appropriate volume of liquid.
The drug is taken on the last day before the procedure. At 14 o'clock the last meal is carried out according to the requirements of the slag-free diet before colonoscopy, and in the evening they take a preparation that facilitates the emptying of the intestine.
Powder from bags "Fortrans" should be poured into prepared water and carefully stirred. After that, or drink the whole composition in the evening (you can start after the dinner a little, since it is simply impossible to drink such a quantity of liquid) or divide it in half (one part to drink in the evening and the other in the morning no later than 4 hours before the scheduled time of the colonoscopy) . Improve the taste of the prepared solution can be, adding it freshly squeezed lemon juice without pulp. The action "Fortrans" begins somewhere 1.5 hours after taking the entire dose.
For a qualitative cleaning of the intestine, you can only use Fortrans, or use both recommended drugs. In the second case, "Dufalac" is taken from the evening, diluting 250 ml of the drug in 2 liters of water, and in the morning - "Fortrans", dissolving the powder package in 1 liter of liquid. In the evening, the medicine should be taken no later than 19 hours, the morning - up to 7 hours.
After two o'clock in the afternoon on the eve and during reception of preparations it is possible to drink only pure water without special restrictions.
The procedure of a colonoscopy can be carried out both under anesthesia, and without it. In the first case, the amount of liquid drunk in the morning will have to be limited. After the morning reception of Fortrans, we do not eat or drink anything else. If you need to take any other oral preparations, you can drink them with a small amount of clean water. But do it no later than 2 hours before the survey.