Fear of sex in women
The main cause of fear of sex in the beautiful half of humanity has become a traditional ritual, handed down from generation to generation and overgrown with a huge number of unreasonable myths. Each girl who has reached the age of puberty, expects severe pain during the first sexual act. As a consequence, having failed to relax, the first sex really delivers to her an exceptionally painful sensation. After that, the woman focuses on discomfort and, after experiencing it the next time, decides to stop any intimate relationships and even talk about sex.
There are several other reasons why genophobia develops in women:
- Rough first sexual intercourse or sex with an insufficiently experienced partner.
- Experienced in childhood sexual or physical abuse, harassment.
- Hansexual methods of education, when sex is described by parents, as something dirty and shameful; suggestion that the sexual partner should be the first and only man.
- Fear of the consequences of sex: sexually transmitted diseases or unwanted pregnancy.
- Non-acceptance and hostility towards one's own body.
- Often, the fear of sex is associated with childhood trauma, for example, the withdrawal of the father from the family. In this case, already being in adulthood, a woman can not build the right model of relations with men or is simply afraid of betrayal.
- Problems with female genital organs, which cause pain in every sexual intercourse.
Fear of sex in men
Unlike women who are afraid of having sex due to problems with physical health, genophobia in men always arises solely for psychological reasons:
- The unofficial education of the mother, the consequence of which is the fear of being completely absorbed.
- Fear of failure in sex, which will lead to mockery and humiliation of dignity.
- Low self-esteem ("This girl is too good / beautiful / smart for me", "I can not satisfy her").
- Failures in sex, which arose in the past.
- The rejection of a certain woman or the fear of being open and sincere to the representatives of the opposite sex as a whole.
- Fear of blood - a man is afraid to have sex during the menstrual cycle.
But there is also a common cause for the opposite sex of fear of sex - sexual intercourse with a virgin. For a girl it is always a fear of strong pain that resembles violence, and for a young man - a fear of the partner's unpredictable reaction to his actions.
Often, the causes of fear of sex are associated phobias: fear of touching people (haptophobia), fear of sexual harassment (agraobia), phobia of the opposite sex (heterophobia), etc.
The manifestation of fear of sex
An interesting fact is that the fear of sex manifests itself in different ways and is not always noticeable to the naked eye:
- Full refusal of intimate relations and mentions of them in conversation (this behavior is called erotophobia).
- Random sex is also a manifestation of the fear of sex and is called intimophobia. In this case, a person injured in childhood or adolescence, is afraid to reveal himself to a sexual partner and build long-term trust with him. Nevertheless, he has an uncontrollable craving for sex.