Information about doctor
Oded Zmora He is a world renowned advanced proctologist and surgeon. He is engaged in the successful treatment of various proctological pathologies, ranging from anal fissures and hemorrhoids, to anal condylomas, intestinal polyps, rectal fistulas, paraproctitis and Crohn's disease. Among other things, Zmora his ability to detect oncological intestinal diseases in the initial stages of development brought him special fame.
The clinical experience of a doctor is more than 25 years. During this period, the professor performed a lot of successful operations, achieved a complete cure from thousands of patients who come from different countries of the world.
Oded Zmora can be called a virtuoso of his craft. He uses unique methods of organ-preserving laparoscopy, applies innovative robotic systems, introduces the principles of biological therapy, laser therapy, uses gamma rays.
The professor is the leader and supervisor of the course of modern chemotherapy. For example, the doctor Zmora successfully practices hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy - a newest medical technique, with the help of which it is possible to cure such tumor processes, which up to this point were referred to as hopeless and inoperable.
The professor is an honorary member of twelve professional Israeli, European and American communities and associations. He is president of the Society for Colon and Colon Surgery in Israel, and is the founder of important professional organizations: this is about the Eurasian Society of Colorectal Technologies and the World Congress of Compression Anastomoses.
Oded Zmora successfully combines the activities of a practical colorectal surgeon and a famous scientist. World medical periodicals regularly show his articles and materials, which today there are already more than a hundred.
Education and work experience
- Faculty of Medicine of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
- Residency in General Surgery at the Sheba Medical Center, Tel-a-Shomer, Israel
- Internship at Mount Sinai Medical Center Hospital, New York, USA
- Specialization in Colorectal Surgery at the Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland Clinic), Florida, USA
Membership in international organizations
- Israeli surgical society
- Israeli Society of Endoscopic Surgery
- President of the Israeli Society of Colon and Rectal Surgery
- European Society of Endoscopic Surgeons
- European Association of Coloproctologists
- European Organization for the Study of Crohn's Disease and Colitis (ECCO)
- Founder of the Eurasian Society of Colorectal Technologies
- American Society for Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
- International Society of Colon and Colon Surgeons
- International Colorectal Cancer Society
- Founder of the World Congress of Compression Anastomosis (WCCA)