Information about doctor
Eli Somekh - An advanced specialist who is engaged in the treatment of infectious diseases and pathologies of the immune system in pediatrics. She is an international expert, she heads the children's department of infectious and immunopathologies in the largest medical center in Israel. He consults, prescribes treatment for children suffering from neonatal infections - including recurrent fevers, immunodeficiencies, prolonged sluggish inflammatory processes.
Special Eli Somekh attention is paid to the issues of child immunization. As a supporter of vaccination, he simultaneously protests against the imposition of such a preventive measure - for example, when children without vaccinations are not enrolled in kindergartens and schools. According to the doctor, vaccination schemes should be carefully considered in each specific case.
He has Eli Somekh devoted more than 40 years to the issues of children's immunology. Today he is a professor at the Faculty of Pediatrics at the University of Tel Aviv, conducting research, studying the development of viral infections and mechanisms of inflammatory processes, as well as issues of pediatric immunization.
Education and work experience
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD) at Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Specialization in Pediatrics at the Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
- Advanced training at the University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado, USA
- Specialization in Infectious Diseases at the University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado, USA
- Specialization in immunological diseases in children in a children's hospital in Denver, Colorado, USA
Membership in international organizations
- Chairman of the Israeli Association of Pediatrics (IPA)
- Chairman of the Israeli Association of Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Israeli Association of Infectious Diseases (IAID)
- Israeli Association of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (IAACI)
- Chairman of the Board of Directors and Scientific Council of the European Pediatric Association (SCEPA / UNEPSA)