Information about doctor
Igal Leibovitch - a world-renowned ophthalmologist qualified in the field of oculoplasty (ophthalmoplasty), surgical correction of the eyelids and orbit. Supervises the surgical department in the ophthalmology department, is the head of the inpatient department. The experience of continuous practice is 30 years.
The basic working direction of the doctor Leibovitch is surgical ophthalmology as a whole (correction of congenital disorders and traumatic injuries of the organs of vision), plastic surgery and reconstruction of the lacrimal canal and eyelids, treatment of ocular oncopathologies.
The professor is able to return lost vision even to seemingly hopeless patients. Leibovitch - Professor of Medicine, a well-known author of unique techniques for performing complex ophthalmic interventions.
The doctor seeks to continuously improve their own knowledge and skills. He was awarded the American Ophthalmological Academy, received the award "Authoff" from the University of Tel Aviv. He wrote more than one and a half hundred scientific papers, which are published in well-known scientific and medical journals.
The professor is the chairman of the National Ophthalmological Examination Committee, his lectures are regularly heard at the Department of Ophthalmology at the Medical Faculty of the University of Tel Aviv. In 2013 he received the title of the best teacher of Israel.
Education and work experience
- Faculty of Medicine of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
- Residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, Australia
- Internship in the field of ophthalmology at the Hadassah hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
- Internship in the field of eyelid surgery in the center of Jules-Stein Eye, USA
- Internship at the Royal Medical Center Los Angeles, USA
Membership in international organizations
- Israeli Association of Ophthalmologists (IOS)
- Israeli Society of Oculoplastic (ISOS)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AOS)