Information about doctor
Leading specialist in cardiac surgery in Israel. More than 20 years engaged in the diagnosis and treatment of pathologies such as:
- Heart rhythm disorder.
- Angina pectoris
- Coronary heart disease.
- Heart defects.
- Myocardial infarction and other heart diseases.
The doctor Sternik heads the department of atrial fibrillation surgery at Israel’s largest medical center, Assuta. He is an expert in a wide range of operational procedures.
A talented heart surgeon and a professional in his field performs minimally invasive surgeries for the treatment of cardiac pathologies:
- Coronary artery bypass surgery.
- Stenting of the coronary arteries.
- Radiofrequency ablation.
- Prosthetic heart valves for heart disease and much more.
Leonid Sternik takes up research and development activities in the field of cardiac surgery. He has more than 40 articles and monographs on cardiology and cardiac surgery. Sternik Included in the honorary composition of many professional cardiac surgery communities. He is the author of a unique method of surgical treatment of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, during which the cardiopulmonary bypass is not used.
From 2004 to the present, she is the head of the European program for the training and advanced training of heart surgeons in the surgical treatment of coronary heart disease with complications such as cardiac arrhythmias.
Education and work experience
- Received a doctorate in medicine from the second Moscow Medical Institute, Russia.
- He graduated from the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Residency in cardiac surgery at the Sheba Clinic, Tel-a-Shomer, Israel.
- He completed an internship in cardiac surgery at the Mayo Clinic, Minnesota, USA.
Membership in international organizations
- Israel Heart Surgeons Association
- European Heart Surgeons Association
- American Heart Surgeons Association