Information about doctor
The doctor Avi Hefec is one of the leading and most experienced Israeli specialists in the treatment and surgery of benign and malignant tumors of the throat, mouth, salivary and parotid glands, neck, thyroid and parathyroid glands.
Graduate of the Faculty of Medicine of Tel Aviv University (Israel); He completed an internship in otolaryngology, and then trained in the United States.
Included in the group of founders of the specialized clinic at Assuta Medical Center for patients of all ages with head and neck diseases. Now he heads the Department of Head and Neck Surgery at the Assuta Medical Centers.
Dr. Hefetsem has published over 70 scientific papers in medical journals, he participates in international conferences on his specialization, teaches at the Faculty of Medicine at Tel Aviv University, advises the Israeli Association for the fight against cancer. He is a member of the Association of Israeli Otolaryngologists, the American Society of Head and Neck Surgeons (AHNS), and the chairman of the Israeli Head and Neck Surgery Association.
He speaks Hebrew and English.
Education and work experience
- Faculty of Medicine Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Residency in Otolaryngology Department of the Kaplan Hospital, Israel
- Internship in Head and Neck Surgery at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Oncology Center, New York, USA
- Internship in Head and Neck Oncologic Surgery at the University Hospital of Oklahoma, USA
Membership in international organizations
- Israeli Association of Otolaryngology
- American Association of Head and Neck Surgeons
- Chairman of the International Organization of Head and Neck Surgery