Information about doctor
Ofer Merimskiy - Professor of Medicine, a respected authority on non-surgical oncology. World-class professional and distinguished oncologist. Head of the department of soft tissue and bone sarcoma in the clinic. In his work, the doctor uses innovative and conservative methods of treatment of malignant tumors. Develops ways to increase resistance to cancer cells.
His specialization includes the treatment of such pathologies:
- Bone and soft tissue sarcomas (osteosarcoma, liposarcoma, leiomyosarcoma, angiosarcoma, fibrosarcoma, rhabdomyosarcoma, and others)
- Tumors of the brain, spine.
- Mammary cancer.
- Uterine cancer.
- Prostate cancer.
- Lungs' cancer.
- Stromal neoplasms in the digestive tract.
Medical experience Ofer Merimskiy - about 40 years. He served in the Israel Defense Forces, has the title of military doctor of special units. The doctor is an active supporter of the introduction of a multidisciplinary, that is, an integrated therapeutic approach. This method involves the involvement of narrow specialists in the treatment of cancer. The technique is widespread throughout the world.
Successfully combines the work of a doctor and research activities. Takes part in international conferences and symposia. He has published over 120 scientific monographs and articles in advanced medical journals.
Profile on Researchgate
Education and work experience
- Graduate of the Hebrew University School of Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel.
- He completed residency in general oncology and radiation therapy in Israeli clinics.
- He trained in oncology and brachytherapy at the oncology center of New York, USA.
- He completed an internship in the treatment of bone and soft tissue sarcoma at the Gustave Russi Institute of Oncology, Paris, France.
Membership in international organizations
- Israeli Association of Clinical Oncology and Radiation Therapy (ISCORT)
- Society for the Treatment of Connective Tissue Cancer (CTOS)
- European Society of Clinical Oncology (ESMO)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC)